Wednesday, 24 May 2017

Falling Flowers For the Global Design Project

HI everyone! It's midweek madness time! a bit of creativity to get you to the end of the week! lol!!
I really wanted to play along with the Global Design Project's challenge this week- its a CASE the designer project. I discovered Shawn De Oliveira a while back, when Carl started card making. It' s so refreshing to see men releasing some stress by creating. 
Shawn is an amazingly talented designer. I really enjoyed casing his design today.
Click here to be inspired by all the designers, and entries, cased from Shawn's design.
 I have only JUST got this bundle. 
Crazy I know. 
After I got the retiring list, I always check to see any bundles that are carrying over into the new catalog, and buy them BEFORE they retire (as bundles), because I know I will lose the opportunity to get the 10% discount on them as a bundle. The reason I waited so long with this bundle is because in last years (still this year I guess.... I've already transitioned!) catalog, there were SO MANY awesome flower stamps and dies. I think I got overwhelmed with my choices!!! LOL
I'm a little sad I didn't choose this set earlier though..... some of the dies are framelits (meaning they "frame" a stamped image) and some are stand alone dies-"thinlits" and they are so fun to play with!

A mix of the thinlit cut flower and images that are
cut with the matching framelits, from the Falling
Flower bundle.

Get the stamp and Die bundle while you can at a 10% discount-until May 31st.
After this is WILL be in the new catalog- but not as a bundle!!

Tips and Tricks- 

  • As you can see in the picture of the Stamps and Dies below, there is this gorgeous "swirly" image. I clear heat embossed this "swirl" on both ends/edges of the layered card stock. I then applied the new Lemon lime twist with an aqua painter to these areas. I then layered this card stock with the lemon lime twist card stock.
  • I then stamped and coloured the images (I coloured the berries, but not the leaves... just to "lighten" the design) I wanted to use, and I also die cut the page Thinlit flower image. I love that you can see the berries peeking through it!
  • I then stamped a sentiment from the sending thoughts stamp set twice. (another retiring stamp set!!!) One stamped in lemon lime twist, and one in archival black. I was too lazy to mask the image to get a 2 toned effect, so I just die cut them both out with a stitched shape Framlit, and cut the lemon lime twist sentiment in 1/2 and layered this over the top. 
  • I wrapped some seam binding white ribbon (retired) ribbon around the base of the card, and tied a bow, then arranged all the elements around the bow, glueing them down with either Tombo liquid adhesive, or dimensionals.
  • I felt it needed a tiny but of bling, so I added one of the new Glitter enamel dots in the centre of the Thinlit cut flower. 



Falling Flowers bundle
I really enjoyed making this card today-I hope you enjoyed reading about it! 

Get in quick and get this bundle for the reduced price. The sentiment stamp set-Sending thoughts is at reduced price as well, because its retiring-get in quick!!

 Spend over $50 and Use this months Hostess code (May- AXHWKMJU) to receive the Lovely Lace embossing folder-FOR FREE as a gift from me! while stocks last)
Make a purchase in my store, using this months Hostess code,
and receive the LOVELY LACE embossing folder for free, as a gift from me!


Make today great, and CREATE!!
Petra x

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Petra...Love this design and the resist embossing is divine xx LLT is my fave green atm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant believe I'm about to say this-BUT ITS MY FAVOURITE GREEN TOO! I NEVER thought I'd like an almost fluro green. but its just such a happy colour!

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely card Petra! A sweet interpretation of Shawns card and a great showcase of the resist embossing technique. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again soon. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving your kind comments!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!