HI everyone! It's midweek madness time! a bit of creativity to get you to the end of the week! lol!!
I really wanted to play along with the Global Design Project's challenge this week- its a CASE the designer project. I discovered Shawn De Oliveira a while back, when Carl started card making. It' s so refreshing to see men releasing some stress by creating.
Shawn is an amazingly talented designer. I really enjoyed casing his design today.
|Click here to be inspired by all the designers, and entries, cased from Shawn's design.|
I have only JUST got this bundle.
Crazy I know.
After I got the retiring list, I always check to see any bundles that are carrying over into the new catalog, and buy them BEFORE they retire (as bundles), because I know I will lose the opportunity to get the 10% discount on them as a bundle. The reason I waited so long with this bundle is because in last years (still this year I guess.... I've already transitioned!) catalog, there were SO MANY awesome flower stamps and dies. I think I got overwhelmed with my choices!!! LOL
I'm a little sad I didn't choose this set earlier though..... some of the dies are framelits (meaning they "frame" a stamped image) and some are stand alone dies-"thinlits" and they are so fun to play with!
|A mix of the thinlit cut flower and images that are|
cut with the matching framelits, from the Falling
|Get the stamp and Die bundle while you can at a 10% discount-until May 31st.|
After this is WILL be in the new catalog- but not as a bundle!!
Tips and Tricks-
- As you can see in the picture of the Stamps and Dies below, there is this gorgeous "swirly" image. I clear heat embossed this "swirl" on both ends/edges of the layered card stock. I then applied the new Lemon lime twist with an aqua painter to these areas. I then layered this card stock with the lemon lime twist card stock.
- I then stamped and coloured the images (I coloured the berries, but not the leaves... just to "lighten" the design) I wanted to use, and I also die cut the page Thinlit flower image. I love that you can see the berries peeking through it!
- I then stamped a sentiment from the sending thoughts stamp set twice. (another retiring stamp set!!!) One stamped in lemon lime twist, and one in archival black. I was too lazy to mask the image to get a 2 toned effect, so I just die cut them both out with a stitched shape Framlit, and cut the lemon lime twist sentiment in 1/2 and layered this over the top.
- I wrapped some seam binding white ribbon (retired) ribbon around the base of the card, and tied a bow, then arranged all the elements around the bow, glueing them down with either Tombo liquid adhesive, or dimensionals.
- I felt it needed a tiny but of bling, so I added one of the new Glitter enamel dots in the centre of the Thinlit cut flower.
|Falling Flowers bundle|
I really enjoyed making this card today-I hope you enjoyed reading about it!
Get in quick and get this bundle for the reduced price. The sentiment stamp set-Sending thoughts is at reduced price as well, because its retiring-get in quick!!
Spend over $50 and Use this months Hostess code (May- AXHWKMJU) to receive the Lovely Lace embossing folder-FOR FREE as a gift from me! while stocks last)
|Make a purchase in my store, using this months Hostess code, |
and receive the LOVELY LACE embossing folder for free, as a gift from me!
Make today great, and CREATE!!