Wednesday, 19 April 2017

So in love, so sad to see you go... Global design project

Hello!!!! Autumn is Defiantly here. It's starting to get COOOOOLLLLLDDDD. (insert sad face here.....) But this weeks global design project challenge insets a little fun, and brightness into, my, and the person I give this card to... day.


Click here for design inspiration!


I LOVE this challenge-I'm a lover of bling (MANY people have heard me say in class-You can NEVER have too much bling!) So I really enjoyed todays card.
Here is my entry-


So in love bundle-sparkle, and bling!

I just think is so elegant-I love it. It would make a great Wedding , or anniversary card. I chose to make a "just for you card" because I want to send another RAK card....Are you in our RAK group?
-what does RAK group mean I hear you ask!-RAK stands for "Random act of kindness" Facebook  group. All lovers of Stampin up- Demonstrators and customers together-send cards all over the world to bring happiness and cheer to people randomly each month. HOW lovely! Isn't it brilliant to get a handmade card in the mail? We get so much frustration and stress in our mail box-to get a little bundle of cheer is just THE BEST! Why not make someones day, Join our RAK group today and start sending and receiving cards TODAY!


How this card came about, was, I was creating my card kits for this months online class. (see the pic below, In this months class we are making the card at the bottom) The kit uses some die cutting from the So in love stamp set and bundle. I was SHOCKED that so in love didn't make it into the new annual catalog. Its SO gorgeous. Especially the dies. 


So in Love bundle paired with the special reason bundle
So I wanted to have a go at using the belly band die-Something not available, to my knowledge, ANYWHERE- so get it while you can- It creates a wrap around Belly band that can be used for cards- but today, instead of a slip-off belly band, I wrapped the edges around the front layer of the card and highlighted my sentiment with it. 

How I created the card-

I randomly gold heat embossed the lovely Flower image out of the So in love stamp set, with stamped leaves here and there... on the front layer, and after embossing, I used the Gold Wink-a-stella (more bling!) to highlight between the petals of the flower, (see image below)

Can you believe the Gold wink a stella is ALSO retiring???? So sad!!! 


Gold Wink-a-stella highlights my petals beautifully!
I then die cut the belly band from gold foil, and set it aside momentarily.

 Then I die cut 2 small intricate flowers from the special reason bundle (one in crumb cake, and one in gold foil) and then cut a backing flower from very vanilla, and layered them, slightly offset.

 I then stamped and fussy cut the sentiment and border around my sentiment on very vanilla.

 I wrapped my belly band around my stamped, and heat embossed very vanilla layer, and taped it securely, and then layered the entire very vanilla piece on to a gold foil layer, this created a lovely border.
I glued the fussy cut sentiment and placed it the space provided on the belly band, I added a bit of gold thread to my flower and popped it up on dimensions just to the left of the sentiment.  I then added this to my very vanilla card front.

Online card making class- registration is now CLOSED for this class- But keep an eye out for next months Class!
 You can see I used the filagree edge die  in my class, and one of the belly band options on todays card. Here are some pics of what comes in the bundles- how beautiful are THEY???

So in love bundle

Special reason bundle.

I hope you enjoyed todays card-make sure you get to check out the retiring items in my store, (click below)
When you make a purchase don't for get this months Host code for great gifts, For last months Host code gift everyone who purchased from me received their choice of a gold or silver Wink-a-stella pen, so Im glad they managed to get theirs before it retired. Jump in to my store to make sure you get these products before they are gone forever!!! (use the host code, and if you spend $100 or more, you will receive a gift too!!)

Aprils Host code -EGNGBZFJ

Be sure to check out all the other amazing bling inspired creations on the Global design project page! Have a great day!!!
Petra
Click here for retiring products- up to 50% off!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Petra! This is a stunning tribute to some awesome retiring products. Love how you have used only gold, everywhere, and created such an elegant and sumptuous card. Especially love the flowers coloured just a touch with the Gold Wink of Stella!! We love it. Thank you so much for playing along again with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Petra! I lvoe the special reason flower too :)
    I am yet to actually use the 'So In Love' set, but I have a private order for 60 wedding invites and can't wait to get into action creating with this set. Your card has inspired the urge to get them done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim x I really appreciate you popping by! X

      Delete
  3. This is ... what's more than stunning or gorgeous?!! I've actually run out of vocabulary for this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwww!!! That's SO Sweet xxx you made my night x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!