|Click here to see the other designers |
amazing take on Kylie's card!
This weeks GDP challenge is lovely-We are CASE-ing (Copy And Selectively Edit) my awesome upline, Kylie Bertucci! Kylie is an amazing demonstrator, and so very talented-I love her bold style!
Her card is stunning-a great layout, and using our new Special reason stamp set, from the occasions catalog.
(EDIT-AMAZON IS EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS, so it might be a little while before I can ACTUALLY enter this into the GDP....As soon as I can manage, this will be up on the GDP page.)
Heres My card-
|I love the shine wink-a-stella gives to a project!|
|Falling petals embossing folder meet so in love stamp set!|
I really liked the layout, and have absolutely cased that, but Ive also used the colours she chose, which look really great together, and Ive used the stylish stems framelits, as she did to frame the sentiment.
|The sentiment fit perfectly into the frame|
from the stylish stems framelit dies!
Tips for making this card-
(Anything highlighted you can purchase from my store)
- I created the base card, as Kylie did, out of a 1/2 piece of A4 Sahara sand card stock then layered a 3 inch wide piece of Early Espresso card stock with a 2 7/8" piece of Real Red card stock, that had been embossed using the the Falling petals textured impressions embossing folder.
- I cut the frame out of the larger frame in the Stylish stems framelit dies (available in a bundle with the Special reason stamp set featured in Kylie's card-10% off!) in Early espresso card stock, then I used the smaller frame die to cut out of Whisper white card stock the Layering piece.
- On that smaller frame I stamped the sentiment "So in Love" from the So In Love stamp set (available in a bundle with the So detailed thinlit dies-10% off!) in Early espresso ink.
- I like to, at this stage, place every thing on the base card, and really see if it all sits well- and I felt it was a little bland. I saw that Kylie's Card had a bit more white, to make the other colours POP- so I added a strip of whisper white under neath the early espresso, and real red layers, and thought it looked good-especially on only the one side- and to add a little more interest, (and a bit more stamping-I always feel ripped off when theres not much stamping!! LOL) I added the leaves off to the side on the whisper white piece In Sahara Sand ink
- I now added the finishing touches- I added the Whisper white ribbon, and gave all the hearts a touch of clear Wink-a-stella to make them shine, and 2 rhinestones on the sentiment.
- I glued the strip of whisper white down to the card base with Tombo Adhesive. I then used the same glue to adhere the Early espresso layer to the Real red embossed layer. once they were dry, I popped the coloured layers on to the card base with Dimensionals, and then added my sentiment frame on to the card with Dimensionals as well,
I hope you enjoyed todays post- I had a great time making it!
Remember- We only have 1 month left of SALE-A-BRATION- so theres a limited time t get your free sale-a-bration gifts!!!
Can you believe how quickly January and February have FLOWN???
Don't be disappointed because you missed out- theres so many lovely stamps sets, ribbons and Designer series paper to get FOR FREE!!!!
I hope you have a fabulous day, and Manage to squeeze in some creativity!