Monday, 13 March 2017

Make a medallion and Cool treats- RAK cards.

Good morning! I hope you are having a Fantastic morning!
Giving RAK cards.....
"What is a RAK card?" I hear you ask. 
That is a very good question! There was a time I didn't know either! 
RAK stands for: Random Act of Kindness.
Isn't that a nice thought? You may have been following my blog for a while, and seen the hash tag I promoted last year #frommetoyouwhenyourefeelingblue and I think the RAK card idea goes hand in hand with that thought-looking out for one another-even people we may not know personally.  

Ever seen a shop clerk, not acting like he or she normally acts? Ever met a bank teller that is a bit stressed?  What about a mum thats rushing her kids to school and looks more stressed than normal? What a lovely thing it would be to receive a card to say - "I SEE you-I hope your day gets better. x"

Kylie Bertucci, my Upline,  has started a RAK group on Facebook, designed so that we can send cards to people who we DON'T know necessarily, but who LOVE Stampin up, and also enjoy making, giving and receiving cards like we do. We receive SO many negative things in our mail boxes-its nice to receive something positive! 


Cool treats suite card
This card Uses: 
Click on any product to be taken to my store!

Make a medallion stamp set
This card uses:
Click on any product to be taken to my store!
Very vanilla card stock, early espresso card stock, layering circles framelits, early espresso ink, crumb cake ink, Gorgeous grunge, make a medallion (a sale-a-bration stamp set-free with any $90 order ) stamp set, Copper foil cardstock, Copper metallic thread, vanilla seam binding ribbon, (retired- but this would work- very vanilla lace trim) and a "something borrowed" embellishment (retired-but this would work-metal rimmed pearls)

What to write inside-

Once you have made a card it can be difficult to figure out what to write. (that actually stresses me more than making the card!) Last year, I sent cards to past costumers, and I googled some positive happy quotes to include in the cards. I found that that really helped me to write something positive-(sometimes humorous!)and uplifting, and stopped me from having to agonise too much about what to write. It really helped heaps. 

In one of these cards I wrote- 

I hope that you are having a fabulous day-Heres a quote that brightens my day-I hope it does yours- 
 "Think of the beauty still left around you and be happy"-Anne Frank.


Would you like to be a part of the RAK group? You DONT have to be a Demo to be a part of it! All you need is to be on Face book-click HERE to join the group. Kylie has made a little instructional video, so you don't have to stress about what to do. Its heaps of fun, and a really positive thing to do!

I hope you enjoyed my post for the day, and can squeeze in a little creativity into this glorious day!

7 comments:

  1. such beautiful RAK cards Petra, whoever receives them are very lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petra I love your shaker card - this is one card I am yet to try - gotta put it on my list of 'to do' items

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love BOTH of these projects. But, the first one is just AMAZING! So much detail. Thanks so much for participating in my Blog Highlights this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! Thanks for starting the RAK group!

      Delete
  4. WOW Petra...whom ever gets these is going to be spoilt, thats for sure! I love them both. I am yet to use the medallion set...better pull my finger out lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!