Thursday, 23 March 2017

Little Cuties-In the Global design project.

This weeks Global design project is a doozy!! 
I was REALLY challenged to think out of the box this week. Stampin up has an excellent stamp set for this challenge, (Cupcakes and Carousels) but I don't  have it, (oh, of course its on my wish list!!) But I do have another stamp set that I thought could fit the bill.... 
Click here to be inspired by the designers of this challenge,
 and the other entries!

This is the stamp set-I bought it to make a baby celebration card for my Long time Facebook follower and Friend Di. Her Daughter is about to have a baby, and, unfortunately,  I cant make it to her baby shower. but I wanted to make a card and send a gift along, as they are gorgeous, gorgeous people. 
If you ever get a chance to come watch a live class that I do on Facebook, you will undoubtably see Di comment, because she hasn't missed one of my Live classes, and has just joined my Live class group.
Little Cuties stamp set

Here is my entry-

Little cuties, and Celebrate today stamp sets.



I thought that the Playful Palette Designer series paper paired nicely with the theme, and a baby card (to which we have no idea of the gender of the baby!)
Once I had turned my horse into a carousel horse (I added the pole) I thought that the pole was a little stark there, by itself, and softened it with some Banners from the Celebrate today stamp set, and matching dies. (thank goodness I didn't have to fussy cut those banners!!) 

Tips and Tricks:

  • To make this card you will need:Playful Palette Designer series paper, Little cuties and Celebrate today stamp sets, Balloon framelits dies Basic rhinestones, watercolour pencils. Card stock: Very vanilla Silver foil Ink: Archival basic black, peek boo peach, sweet sugarplum, flirty flamingo. ( I used the 2016/17 in colour markers) Adhesives: Tombo Liquid adhesive, Dimensionals.
  • If you haven't got quite the colour you need in the water colour pencils, try experimenting with the colour but scribbling 2 or 3 colours on some scrap paper and lifting it with a blender pen and mixing it on the card stock. The melon mambo on the horses saddle I felt was too bright,  so I mixed it with a little calypso coral. 

If you wonder how I made this card, check out the video tutorial above. While it IS sped up, you see  You see my indecisiveness, and how I designed the card. I had already chosen the Playful palettes DSP already (it said "Amusement park" to me) and I had chosen the Little cuties stamp set, but every thing else was " on the go." 

I hope you enjoy todays posts and are inspired to have a go- challenging yourself creatively is so rewarding!
thanks for popping by!
Petra x

7 comments:

  1. Wow Petra this is sooo cute - and the DSP is perfect for the theme - totally love this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've really struggled using the playful palettes dsp- it's not really my style (impulse buy!!) but I liked it in this setting- it really does say- fun day at an amusement park!

      Delete
  2. Naaaw this is adorable Petra...The foil for the pole is a great touch! I have the set and you know I still haven't used it!!!! :o OMG I hope they don't retire it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just so cute and yet also stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Petra. The addition of the bunting at the top totally makes the whole card I think! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!