Wednesday, 8 March 2017

International Highlights- Top ten winners blog hop.



Todays Post is such a huge thing for me. I love Card making. Everyone who knows me, knows this fact. But I'm totally unsure of myself, and when it got announced that I made the top 10 in Kylie's international highlights, I was floored. Totally shocked. I feel so honoured to be able to hop with ladies from all around the world today, to create and hopefully inspire you today!
The Ladies I'm Blogging with today are SO talented. (Make sure to visit all of their blogs-it will be an inspirational hop!)
My entry into Kylie's International Blog
highlights click HERE to see my blog post
The theme of todays Blog hop is "Get well soon" (to tie in with the highlights!) These are cards we really should have on hand, to give to our loved ones, (along with a pot of soup!)when they are feeling under the weather. 
 Do you remember when you were a kid, and Mum came in and felt your forehead, because you felt ill, and she was worried. When it was established you were sick, She made a fuss over you-Mum's are so awesome-It doesn't happen too often when we are adults though, does it? Bummer, because it's so nice when people remember us, and make a bit of a fuss, isn't it? Thats why we need to keep a few cards on hand to pop in the letterbox of someone who isn't well. #letslookafteroneanother


Here in Australia we Have just had the last days of summer and as the days get cooler, we will hit the time of year notorious for colds and Flu's. That being the case, it will be handy to have a few Get well  soon cards on hand. I thought Of using the jar of love stamp set to create a jar of pain killers, along side a glass.  The pain of a killer headache, and a stuffed up nose totally will ruin your week. Lets hope a shaker card from a dearly loved friend will ease the pain a bit!

Jar of love, meets Banners for you.


Jar of love stamp set

Shaker cards are such fun!

Tips and Tricks for creating this card-

(Anything highlighted can be bought from my store-If you are in Australia-just click!)
  • To create this card you will need-Jar of love and Banners for you stamp sets, Everyday Jars and Bunch of Banners Framelits (both of these sets can be bought as bundles-Jar of love bundle- and Banners for you bundle) washi tape, embossing buddy, silver glimmer paper, Aqua painter, and the owl builder punch. The sentiment "better get better" comes from a retired set, called "a dozen thoughts"  If you don't have that I think the set "Here for you" would be a great replacement, especially the sentiment "So sorry you are hurting" I haven't got this set yet, but its on my wish list. the Words "pain relief" on the Jar were hand written in a fine tipped sharpie pen. Paper-Pool party card stock, Regals pack designer series paper, and whisper white card stock. Inks- Archival black ink, Pool party ink, Night of navy ink, crumb cake ink. Adhesives- Tombo liquid adhesive, foam adhesive strips.
  • To create the glass I inked up the larger of the jars in archival black ink, and placed a piece of washi tape over the top of the jar just below where the neck of the jar curves inwards. I then stamped down on whisper white card stock, leaving an open topped image. I then used the second smallest ovals stitched framelits-it went beyond the jar top-as my guide for the opening for my glass- I traced around the out side edge of one side of the framelit, and then moved the framelit and traced around the under side of the framelit, to create the other side of the rim of the glass. You could use any oval shape as your guide, as long as the oval went beyond the edges of the jar image.
  • To create my glimmer paper "pills" I used the second largest eye circles out of the oval punch. 
  • To stop the glimmer paper pills from sticking to the foam strips on the inside of the shaker, I ran my embossing buddy over the inside of the shaker cavity before adding my shaker bits. This is an essential step, so that things don't get jammed or stuck insider your shaker card.
  • The sentiment "better get better" was a straight sentiment. I CUT (GASP!!!!) my sentiment after the first "better" so I could achieve a curve in my red rubber stamp. In most cases though (especially photopolymer) you can get a slight bend without such drastic action. (but, that having been said- as long as you don't lose a bit-theres no harm done, and you can align them together in the future for a straight look! lol.



I hope you enjoyed todays post-Make sure you go and see the entire hop-ladies from all around the world have created cards along the same theme, so have a look, and be inspired to make a bunch of get well soon cards for all you loved ones this next Flu season! 
I hope you are able to get inky today and create!
Petra x

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like your card! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much- I loved hopping with you all today- thank you!

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous and cute is this!!! A pain relief shaker card I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim- I wasn't sure-I appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shaker! Love those glimmer paper aspirins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glitter makes us all happy doesn't it? lol. Thanks Sara!

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a stunner and soooo clever! I just can't imagine why you would lack confidence! I have always been a fan of your work, which is always beautiful and original. You are incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie- you are so sweet. When I compare myself to some of the amazingly talented ladies in our crafting community (even just in our team!) it blows me away. But, it's pushed me a lot, and I love that I've grown as a card maker, so it's fantastic- we are all learning from each other. Blogging with you ladies this morning has been amazing!

      Delete
  5. A bit of sparkle for make someone feel better...great card Petra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mitosu crafts, wouldnt it be nice to get a little sparkle when you're sick? Thanks SO much for popping by! I appreciate your comments SO much x

      Delete
  6. Such a nice card Petra... and I love your write up about grownups needing to have someone think of and fuss on them too. Very true! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I remember the first time I was sick after I left home-boy did I feel sorry for myself!! It's a great thing to remember those we love and be there for them when they are feeling low. Thank you so much for your lovely comments!

      Delete
  7. Petra you card is so nice :) Never ever doubt yourself you are amazing and so is your creativity and talent! Congrats on being named in the Top 10 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's SO sweet of you. I really appreciate that. Thanks so much Nicole x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!