Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Every day hero- Global design project

Welcome to Tailored craftiness this morning!
Everyone has every day hero's in their lives-I've blogged about some earlier this year, people who have been their for you when you needed their support. I Love to give those people the recognition they deserve-its always very much appreciated to have people like that in our lives isn't it?

Todays Global design project challenge is a sketch-I'm a huge lover of sketch challenges as you know, and todays is no different.
Make sure you pop on over to the Global design project
 blog to check out all the
amazing designers samples of this sketch

 Here is my version based on the sketch-I was inspired by that faint heart background in the sketch to use Stampin' Ups "Hearts and stars" decorative masks-How cute and easy is it to create a fun back ground with them?
Everyday hero stamp set

The star back ground was achieved by using Stampin up stencils!

 Tips and tricks:

All highlighted products can be purchased at my store (just click!)

Create with Carl-

Carl had had an idea to create this slider card as soon as he saw the every day hero stamp set-all super heros fly don't they? When he came to make the card, he went to Pinterest for inspiration, and saw Kylie's card, using the everyday hero set- and he loved it-so he decided to CASE (copy and selectively edit) it, adjusting the design so that he could make a slider card. He had never made a slider card before, (he had seen mine from a few months ago-HERE) and, as I was working on my blog post for yesterday, it caused a bit of frustration on my part, as to the help required-LOL-but we got their in the end. It made for a funny LIVE Facebook broadcast to the crazy crafters, anyway. lol.

I LOVE what he ended up creating, and his vision of a flying hero is just amazing. 


Carls creation using the Everyday hero stamp set

A slider card-Created by Carl

Remember the last days of Sale-a-bration are upon us-The Everyday Heros stamp set is only available until the end of march... So get it while you can! I can't believe we are already this close to the end!!! The Occasions catalog has some amazing things in it- don't be disappointed  by missing out- and remember if you use this months host code not only will you get a great saleabration gift- you will receive a gift form me!


Click here to go to my store- and use the host code for a gift from me!

 March - R6SZTGVX

I hope you are inspired by todays post- and are able to squeeze in some creative therapy!
Petra x

7 comments:

  1. Petra, I am loving both fo these cards...would it be awful if I like Carls more :o .... I really enjoy how the hero bursts out like that on his lol BUT I do love your acrd too...the colour choices and the sweet vellum overlay for your sentiment, those little touches you do always make your cards extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, it wouldn't be awful. I really like his too! Lol

      Delete
  2. Petra, I love your sweet card ith the vellum overlay! Carl's card is just "super"! I love the slider element. Thank you both for playing with us at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are pretty super Petra! But Carls is extra especially super! ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryll! I wish I had have used Carl's card pic as the entry in the GDP!!!

      Delete
  4. You are both very talented Petra & Carl such great cards :) Thanks for playing along at Global Design Project x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!