Sunday, 5 March 2017

Crazy Crafters blog hop-with Janneke de Jong



When we do a Crazy crafters blog hop, I usually stalk our guest designer a few days before the hop, pick one or two designs that I think I could have a go at-make a couple of cards , pick the one I like the best, and blog about it-But with Janneke-Ive been stalking her for years, and there are literally hundreds of designs of hers Ive pinned, and wanted to case, So today is THE perfect opportunity to have a go at a couple of them! She is SO talented, and I KNOW you have seen some of these-some have had 1000s of pins.






Isn't She So talented? 
If I would have had the time, I would have CASE-ed (copy and selectively edit-ed) all of these cards- They are all amazing!

I've (finally-it was so hard to choose) CASE-ed 2 of these cards can you guess which ones?

I decided to challenge my self a bit with the first one and try a technique that I shy away from, because Im not very confident with it.That technique is collaging-a layering of different stamped (or otherwise) elements. After I stamped the speckles over the hexagon images I almost threw it away right there, it looked so odd to me. But, I persisted, and I am glad I did. I LOVE this card now.    

Dragonfly dreams and Happy celebrations stamp sets 

I love the colour combo of Delightful Dijon, cajun craze and
Old olive-with a splash of  soft suede, and Gold.

Tips and Tricks:

All highlighted items can be bought in my store-just click!
  • To make this card you need: Hexagons textured impressions embossing folder, Detailed Dragon fly thinlits, Dragonfly dreams and Happy celebrations stamp sets. (bundle the dragonfly dreams stamp set with the thinlits and you get 10% off!) Gold foil, Gold Glimmer paper, Gold embossing powder, and thick gold thread (retired, you could use current metallic thread) For the card stock I used-Old Olive, Whisper white, and Cajun craze. Inks-Soft suede, Delightful dijon, and versa mark ink. Adhesives used-I used Tombo liquid adhesive, dimensionals and tear and tape adhesives.
  • Ink up the Hexagons textured impressions embossing folder randomly (raised side only) but DON'T roll it through the big shot, Press your whisper white card stock evenly (use a brayer if needed) over the entire inked embossing folder. I did this step twice because I was'nt happy with the "pattern " the random inking made on the first press. Ink it up with the ink pad directly, and then with a sponge, soften the square shape the ink pad makes, until you are happy with the "pattern".
  • Ink up the Bee image from the Dragonfly dreams stamp set, then cut out the image using the matching framelit. once the bee has been cut out, Place the bee face down on the BACK of the glimmer paper, and using a pencil, race around your stamped and cut out bee, then cut in out using the traced image as a guide. glue the die cut image over the glimmer paper (face up, lol) so that the glitter peeks through!
  • In Janneke's design, (if you haven't guessed already, it's a CASE of the one at the top right in my pics of Janneke's cards above) her card is longer and thinner than normal. the dimensions for my card are: 3 1/4" x 6 1/4"




My second card-
I loved Janneke's simple understated elegant design. (can you look above and guess which one I cased?) I LOVE the cool treats suite, and haven't had a huge amount of chance to play with it, so took todays challenge to use some of the stamps and dies- the criss cross pattern on the cone is a die cut, not a stamped image! I actually broke out the DSP for the FIRST TIME! (I'm embarrassed. Im not very good at Kylie's #loveitchopit challenge!!!)

Cool treats suite! (stamps, framelits dies, DSP and sprinkles embellishments)

I love the summery feel of the Tasty treats specialty Designer series paper!

Tips and tricks :

All highlighted items can be bought in my store-just click!
  • To make this card you need-Cool treats stamp set, Frozen treats Framelit dies, (buy as a bundle and save 10%) Tasty treats specialty Designer Series Paper, sprinkles embellishments, fine tipped glue pen, Bakers twine, stitched shape framelits,  and the squares layering framelits. I also added a piece of (retired) white glitter washi. Card stock used-Whisper white, Watermelon wonder, and scraps of early espresso, and crumb cake. Ink used- Pear Pizzaz, watermelon wonder, and crumb cake (1/2 strength, stamped off) Adhesives used- I used Tombo liquid adhesive, dimensionals.
  • To achieved added depth in the sentiment stamp once in the chosen colour. after cleaning the stamp, re-ink it with a subtler colour-I used crumb cake. I stamped off once. I then lined the stamp up again over the top BUT DIDN'T PRESS DOWN. I then very slightly moved the stamp very slightly up and to the left. I had to practise this about 3 times before I got an image I was happy with. Its worth having a practise!
  • To achieve a smaller rectangle out of the stitched shapes framelits, I ran through the die with card stock once, and then a second time , with the framelit covering only the portion I wanted to keep. I did the same with the squares layering dies.
  • To get a lovely glossy chocolate covered top to my ice cream (vanilla is my fave!) I used the fine tipped glue pen to cover the dripping chocolate topping die cut card stock (early espresso) and when almost set (it takes a while) drop some sprinkles embellishments on top. YUM!
  • One BIG difference between my card and Janneke's card (have you guessed which one I cased yet?) is that she used Washi tape, but I didn't have any (totally spewing I didn't get them now- they are so cute!) so I used strips of DSP to achieve a similar look- It's great to case a card, even if you don't have all the elements, and use what things you DO have! (if you haven't guessed- this card is a CASE of Janneke's card- bottom right of the pictures above!)


I do hope you have enjoyed my post today-I had SO much fun choosing, and making these cards. The crazy crafters see it as an amazing privilege to be able to CASE such brilliant designers every fortnight- Make sure you go to all the blogs in the hop, and check out everyones CASE-ed cards. You are sure to be inspired by all the amazing creations that Janneke inspired tonight.

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So are yours!! Thanks you SO much for Letting us CASE you- you're SO talented, and I had SO much fun doing this Hop with you! x

      Delete
  2. Wow! Look at all those elements in those cards. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards but I'm really smitten with the Dragonfly Dreams one - simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! thanks for your lovely comments- that one is my fave too- and Wasnt exaggerating when I said, when I started, i almost threw it out- its totally out of my comg=fort zone-but i love it now!

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Petra...they look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both gorgeous, But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dragonfly dreams card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petra, you and Janneke have in common the ability to amke your cards delicate adn elegant...even when layering...I struggle so much with this! I adore what you ahe created and like you I ahev watched Janneke for a while (not years thoughh lol) I love her talent and how her cards look so simple..but aren't lol. Thanks you for showcasing some of your faves for us to see xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! You're such a sweetie Kim! Thanks so much for your encouragement! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. WOW! I adore both of these though my favorite is the first one! I just love your layers and so glad you didn't toss it after the first layering stamp!! you did such an amazing job Petra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! Thanks so much for your kind words x

      Delete
  8. Definitely was hard to choose just one hey Petra!! Both are great but I adore the colour combination in your first card - awesome work Petra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really hard to choose! She is so talented! Thank you! Yeah, it's not a colour combo I do lots with, but I really like I them together, and I think I'll be trying it again in the future!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful work Petra :) your layering is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both gorgeous Petra and I'm really glad you didn't throw the first one away - it's stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always remarkable and beautiful work . Thanks for entering the giveaway for the A3 glass mat . Now the votation is open until Wednesday midnight and everybody can vote to chose a winner . You can vote for your 3 fav projects including yours ;) good luck darling . X hugs Bibi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Bibi- I truly appreciate your feedback-youre one amazing lady x

      Delete
  12. Wow Petra, your card is amazing. So much detail and I love all that gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! our comments are so kind x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!