Sunday, 19 March 2017

Crazy crafters Blog hop-THEME: CASING Rachel Tessman


Rachel Tessman is an amazing artist-She is particularly amazing using project life layouts-but sweet and stunning cards are her specialty. In todays CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) I loved her take on using the cute new Basket bunch stamp and die bundle.
 I used one of the flowers in an earlier card this week (see it HERE) but hadn't really had an opportunity to explore his sets versatility until today.  I particularly like the sets cute cartoon-y style. My CASE of Rachel's card shows how much I fell in love with her cards-I copied the layout almost exactly, used similar colours, and stamp set. I had a BLAST today playing with this set!! I hope you feel inspired too!

 Click here to visit Rachels amazing blog for ideas and inspiration
Click Here to go to Rachel blog for ideas and inspiration

Here is my version:


My case of Rachel's card.



Basket Bunch and the Basket builder die bundle!

Tips and tricks:

Anything highlighted can be bought from my store-Just click!
  1. Thick Whisper white card base-14.9 x 21 cm (half an A4)
  2. Whisper white (for embossing)-9.5 x x13.9cm
  3. Wisteria wonder/soft sky/Daffodil delight matt-6.5 x 10 cm 
  4. Gold/silver foil card stock-7 x 10cm
  • Using the sponge method for applying glue (see it HERE) Its amazing on Vellum, and intricate die cuts, but will stop any oozing of glue between grass/flowers and ensuring a professional, non "sticky" result.
  • If you use the thicker whisper white to run through the embossing folder with your big shot- spritzer with a little water will ensure no "cracking" of the card stock. I prefer to use the thinner whisper white for embossing 
  • Running multiple dies through the big shot saves time. use washi tape to ensure no movement of the die to get a lovely even cut.
  • When using the water colour pencils, if you wet the pencil, or pre wet the card stock, before laying down colour, you will get a much denser colour layer on your card stock. See the 14 min tutorial of me water colouring in the video below- I AM NOT ANYTHING CLOSE TO BEING GREAT AT WATER COLOURING.  I want to stress this point. But, I am very actively learning currently. I LOVE water colouring , and have learned lots, but there is still so much to learn. Why not learn with me, and watch my video?



I hope you enjoyed today Post, I had a great deal of fun Making these cards-I'd love to hear your thoughts on the video tutorial of how I made them, and the process I went through to design them. 

Of course, It was helped by the fact we were CASING Rachel and the layout and stamp/die set was already chosen-but I HADNT pre-made these cards when I filmed this, and you see me indecisively  deciding on the layout of the cards, particularly the carrot one. (not something I feature a lot-or ever- in any of my cards!) 
If you arrived to my blog via pinterest, of another social media site, please feel freee to check out all the crazy crafters blogs- you are sure to be inspired by them all- I am, daily!
Have a great week ahead, and pop by for more creative therapy soon!
Petra x

27 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I actually watched your YouTube video on them last night and was blown away. I love your work. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Wow THANKYOU! I really appreciate that- I wondered if NO voice over was too simplistic....?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards Petra! I particularly love the colour combos you've used. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! THANKYOU! I loved playing with this set.

      Delete
  3. These are so so cute. I especially love the carrots one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Petra. Great colours and the light shading on the cute bunny is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh!! I want to make these all!!! And your video was fun to watch, Petra. Hugs to you for going all out on CASEing one of my cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW Rachel- thank you SO much for popping into my blog, and your kind comments. You are a true artist, and I love your work :-) thank you so much for letting us CASE you today!

      Delete
  6. These are amazing! I particularly like the carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fun cards! I really enjoyed your video because I loved seeing your design process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! It's interesting to see how we get to the final card. Sometimes we think it's easy for some when we see the finished product- but sometimes it means a bit of fiddling around with all the elements to decide which way looks best. I really appreciate you visiting my blog! THANKYOU!

      Delete
  8. Petra I love all your cards and the colours you've chosen - I especially love the flower basket - great case xx
    PS your videos are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for your lovely comments Leisa!

      Delete
  9. Love your cards Petra! So cute and fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CASE Petra. Love all your cards. Just got this set myself, must have a play now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Kirsten- THANKYOU so much for your kind comments!

      Delete
  11. Petra your cards were just like your personality, cute and fun. I love your video and they way your personality reflects in your style. Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very complimentary description of my personality, so I thank you! (And hope those that live close to me think the same!!!!) and thx know you got your kind thoughts on my cards. It's greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  12. What a cute set of cards Petra!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Petra, I am so wishing I had purchased this set now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!