Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Aim for Alaska Blog hop

When you join Stampin up as a demonstrator, You have the amazing opportunity to reach out for incentive trips. I haven't ever really considered going on one of these trips, because I always thought it would be too hard-out of my reach-as someone who already has a full time job.

Late last year, as I'm getting close to finishing up my diploma of remedial therapies course, I thought I might take back on a more consistent role with Stampin' up! (I'm making cards any how, so......why not?) because of this decision, I joined a group my up-line, Kylie Bertucci started, to teach us all how to see the incentive trips as a definite possibility.... and I'm starting to see that this is the case-even for me! The group is an amazing amalgamation of people from all walks of life-some demonstrators who work their demonstrator ship full time-but others, like me, who have other jobs, and responsibilities. I can see that it IS possible to achieve the trips-all the while enjoying the journey along the way!

 The Blog hop today is a celebration of everyone TRYing to achieve more-whether it be in their working life or otherwise. Growth is So important in life. 

The blog hop theme today is ALASKA, the current incentive trip Stampin up is offering.
I didn't know much about Alaska-so (of course) I googled it. Here are some photos that inspired me...








Holy Moly-what a beautiful Place!!!!!!!
STUNNING!!!

The Always an adventure stamp and die bundle has so many of the elements in these pics at first I thought that the blog hop today would pretty much ALL be using the same stamp set! (on reflection, I did think of a couple of others that would really work well-But the outdoor adventure set was the first thing I thought of, so I went with it!)

Here is the card i made to fit todays theme-



Always an Adventure slider card
Always an Adventure stamp set, Outdoor adventure framelit dies



Heres the card I rejected (with the die cut snow tops)
and the mechanism for the floating feature technique 

Tips and tricks:

  • My Chalk marker is pretty old now, and is running out. I was bummed because I had tried the die cut snow tops for the mountains, and it looked a bit too harsh, and a bit too busy. I wanted a softer look. I had the brain wave to use the chalk marker as a blender pen, and dip the end into the craft ink pad and transfer the ink that way. IT WORKED A TREAT! 
  • The slider is hidden beneath that garden green panel at the bottom. I "extended" my bear on a strip of garden green that is then attached to the pull tab, and that enables him to move when it is pulled.
  • You cant see it in the photo, but I applied Winkastella to the clouds...they now shine brightly. It's such a shame Winkastella doesn't photograph well.......



Like the idea of an incentive trip?
Thinking about Joining Stampin Up? 
NOW IS THE BEST TIME!!! during Sale-a-bration you get to choose 2 FREE STAMP SETS, on TOP of the $235 worth of other goodies, for only $169
 I would LOVE to have you on my team!
If you have questions, I would love to answer them for you!


Click here to join my team!


I hope you enjoyed my post today-I LOVED researching Alaska. I hope to definitely to go there one day!

There are some AMAZING demonstrators that are participating in todays Hop, and I hope you take the time to visit them-they would love to her your comments-as would I!
I hope that YOU are able to squeeze in something creative into your day as well! 
Petra x






26 comments:

  1. Petra ... this is brilliant! I love your creation with the Always and Adventure bundle, and the little bear is so cute! Love interactive cards ... don't create them enough myself! You have inspired me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Petra, I really like how your mountains appear to be in the distance. Great Job. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I chose the mint macaron for that very reason!!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Love the little pull tab Petra :) You are so creative and always add an element of surprise to your cards x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim- I wasnt entirely happy with todays card.... so i REALLY appreciate your comments. x

      Delete
  4. Petra, I love your card! The slider is too cute and so is the little bear. I love how you stamped out Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Julie! I want to send it to the next person on Aim for alaska who earns the trip!

      Delete
  5. Great card - love all your detail. Angela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love how the bear moves across the card front! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! Great minds think alike right? This is a fantastic card Petra. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? i was totally expecting EVERYONE to use this set- I thought it totally fitted perfectly!

      Delete
  8. What a cute card Petra :) You have nailed the theme perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole- I really appreciate that x

      Delete
  9. Love how you used the photos for inspiration! And I was thinking you and Kylie must be thinking alike, too! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute interactive card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Petra! Really wishing I had this bundle now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very cute Petra....love the bear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh I love the moving Bear !!! what a clever idea. I wished I had this set for this hop. You have captured Alaska perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  14. your cards are stunning as always Petra! love the way you have done this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely interactive card, Petra! So Alaska! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is amazing! Love this idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the details on your card. Beautiful. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!