Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Weather together with Bear hugs- Get well soon!




If you could only see my craft room! It looks like a bomb has hit it!!

I REALLY wanted to be a part of the amazing international highlights Kylie was having on her Crafty Kylie web page, so set my alarm to go very early this morning... 
Fortunately I KNEW what I was going to make. 
Ever since getting Weather Together stamp set, I have wanted to make this card. I wanted to see if the teaming of the bear character in Bear hugs and the umbrella in Weather Together went together. I Love Bear hugs. I've mentioned before I love the "dress up" quality of the stamp set..... It must be a throw back to my childhood when I remember having paper dolls and cutting out the outfits for them.... Did anyone else do that? 
Bear hiding from the storm....
I love giving get well cards. When you are sick, or laid up, and in pain, its wonderful knowing people care.
Last year I had to have emergency surgery, after it I wasn't able to do very much for a whole month.  the surgery was in my abdomen, and because of this I wasn't allowed to even hang washing. My gorgeous sister came every day to help out. She was just wonderful. I so appreciated her concern. 
So now if someone in my circle is unwell, even for a short time, I try to give a little card, and help out if I can. We have to look after one another don't we?

"wishing you brighter days"sentiment-
How lovely would it be to get this when you are sick?
Over On Kylie Bertucci's Blog we are being highlighted internationally, and you are able to VOTE for my project.-if you like it!-The top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop, so please vote! If you can, try and pop over to Kylie's blog-the other entries are AMAZING! You can do that here- http://bit.ly/KyliesFebHighlights-or below-click the "Vote now" button and you will be taken straight to her blog. Our theme for this highlight was GET WELL SOON- what a wonderful way to cheer someone up when they are feeling down!


The little flower is a sneaky addition
 from the swirly bird stamp/die set

Would you like to have a go at this card?


Make this card today-
Use the hostess code for great gifts in my  Hostess code club
February's Hostess code- PGFTCJVB

Things you need-

Weather together bundle (#142319 stamp and die set) Bear hugs stamps and dies (stamp #139546 and die set #140275) (the flower on the umbrella is also from the swirly birds bundle #142353)
Ultra thick whisper white (#140490) for the base, and Delightful Dijon (#138346) for the Matting piece.
Smokey slate (#131179) and Delightful dijon (#138327) ink pads
Silver Glimmer paper  #135314 (for behind the rain drops) and rhinestones #119246
Dimensionals #104430 Tombo glue #110755


Have a great day, and try and squeeze in some creativity if you can!!
Petra x

14 comments:

  1. Love this card!! You're selling me more and more on the bear stamp. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolina- I appreciate you taking the time to pop in and visit my blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh Petra, I love this card. The sparkly rain coming through and that cute bear....who wouldn't feel better after receiving this card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lou! I really hope it would make someone feel loved. Just wat you need when you are in well. Thanks so much for take Ng the time to visit my blog and comment x

      Delete
  3. This is so cute Petra and is sure to make any one feeling under the weather feel so much better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Petra! Grey and yellow is a fave combo of mine too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great colour combo! Thanks Gail x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Awwww! Thanks so much Tonilea I appreciate that you took the time to visit my blog and to comment (and to vote!!) I hope that you visit my blog again some time! X

      Delete
  6. Awesome card Petra!! So stinkin cute. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month and congrats on being picked as one of the top ten winners. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre so awesome for organising the highlights Kylie-Thanks so much x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!