Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Sympathy cards...

I find Sympathy cards REALLY difficult. If I'm making a sympathy card for someone, I know them, and the Pain they are going through. its heart wrenching to lose someone you love. 
I have a lovely client that has been coming to see me since I opened my clinic, and she has recently lost someone very close to her. I only heard about it just before her next booking. so quickly whipped up this card for her. 


I thought the rose in the  picture perfect stamp set suited perfectly. 

Sentiment from the Rose wonder stamp set
a great stamp set to have in your collection for
get well, wedding and sympathy sentiments
Picture perfect- great for lots of occasions
Finishing touches with Avant-garden
stamp set































I got my inspiration from a sample from by Yana Smakula. 
The roses she used are from Altenew- "vintage roses" Check out Yanas design HERE

 The rose stamps bore a striking resemblance to our 3 step stamped ones, in the Picture Perfect stamp set. I decided to have a go. 
Either my lay out was smaller, or the altenew stamps were much smaller (she used 3 in her design, plus leaves) but I reduced the amount of roses from 3 to 1. Im very pleased with the results!  Ialso  used a copper washi instead of gold, (I picked it up recently at a dollar store) and Stampin Ups  copper foil card stock teamed with crumb cake card stock, and crumb cake, soft suede, and Sahara sand inks. 
I hope you like my CASED design, and decide to have a go yourself! the lay out could really be used for any occasion. 




I hope you enjoyed todays post, and the you are able to squeeze in a little creativity into your day! see you tomorrow!
Petra x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!