Ever had a week that just went too fast for you to be able to get everything that you want ed accomplished? That was this week for me. When the Global design project post landed in my in box on Monday night, I saw the sketch and fell in love- I knew Would LOVE the challenge. But all week I have had a mountain of things to do, and just haven't gotten to it... but it has been in the back of my mind-until this morning, when I had an hour I could play with the sketch. Last week I had a delivery and the Shooting start stamp set was in my BBB. (BIG BROWN BOX) and the shooting star stamp set and spinner card dies were in there.... This ISN'T a spinner card-but a SPRINGER card!! l
Here is the Sketch-
|Click here to see the designers inspiration,|
and other amazing entries!
Heres my entry-
|Shooting star springer card, |
-with a home made sentiment form the Labeler alphabet, stamp set
and badge background from Badges and Banners stamp set.
|Colours- Soft suede, crumb cake and Sahara sand|
The Card came together fairly easily-I didn't have much time!-Heres how I did it-
- Stamped the Bee in archival black ink and coloured it in with water colour pencils-I then die cut the bee using the matching Framelits.
- I then created the tag, so I cut a strip of Whisper white 1.5" wide, and punched the bottom with the Flag banner punch.
- I needed the heart element on the sketch, so used the Badge from Banners and Badges stamp set, and punched it out using the matching punch.
- I didn't want to just put it on the card with dimensionals (which would have looked great too) I wanted an interactive card, so I made a hand made springer and added that to the back of my Bee, and then added that to my aBadge. easy! (If you are interested, I'd be happy to show you how I made my springer!) If you would like to see the springer in action - visit my Facebook page HERE (you might have to scroll to todays date!)
- I didn't want to leave the background blank (I just cant!!) so I used the hexagon embossing folder to create texture. I LOVE this Embossing folder!!
- I really wanted a pun-ny sentiment-and don't really own any, so I created my own using the Alphabet labeler stamp set. Its fantastic-(One of my biggest fears is that I'll lose some pieces-I'm paranoid about them!!!!!!! )
- next all I did was Matt it with a piece of whisper white, and pop it on a crumb cake card!
|Home made "springer" = huge dimension!|
|Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder|