Friday, 17 February 2017

Shooting star, and global design project sketch challenge

Ever had a week that just went too fast for you to be able to get everything that you want ed accomplished? That was this week for me. When the Global design project post landed in my in box on Monday night, I saw the sketch and fell in love- I knew Would LOVE the challenge. But all week I have had a mountain of things to do, and just haven't gotten to it... but it has been in the back of my mind-until this morning, when I had an hour I could play with the sketch. Last week I had a delivery and the Shooting start stamp set was in my BBB. (BIG BROWN BOX) and the shooting star stamp set and spinner card dies were in there.... This ISN'T a spinner card-but a SPRINGER card!! l
Here is the Sketch-
Click here to see the designers inspiration,
and other amazing entries!



Heres my entry-


Shooting star springer card,
-with a home made sentiment form the Labeler alphabet, stamp set
and badge background from Badges and Banners stamp set.

Colours- Soft suede, crumb cake and Sahara sand
The Card came together fairly easily-I didn't have much time!-Heres how I did it-

  • Stamped the Bee in archival black ink and coloured it in with water colour pencils-I then die cut the bee using the matching Framelits.
  • I then created the tag, so I cut a strip of Whisper white 1.5" wide, and punched the bottom with the Flag banner punch.
  • I needed the heart element on the sketch, so used the Badge from Banners and Badges stamp set, and punched it out using the matching punch. 
  • I didn't want to just put it on the card with dimensionals (which would have looked great too) I wanted an interactive card, so I made a hand made springer and added that to the back of my Bee, and then added that to my aBadge. easy! (If you are interested, I'd be happy to show you how I made my springer!) If you would like to see the springer in action - visit my Facebook page HERE (you might have to scroll to todays date!)
  • I didn't want to leave the background blank (I just cant!!) so I used the hexagon embossing folder to create texture. I LOVE this Embossing folder!!
  • I really wanted a pun-ny sentiment-and don't really own any, so I created my own using the Alphabet labeler stamp set. Its fantastic-(One of my biggest fears is that I'll lose some pieces-I'm paranoid about them!!!!!!! )
  • next all I did was Matt it with a piece of whisper white, and pop it on a crumb cake card! 
DONE! BOOM!
Home made "springer" = huge dimension!

Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
 I hope you enjoyed todays post- Have creative day peoples- Ive got to fly, a client is coming in 15 mins!!
Petra  X


17 comments:

  1. stunningly effective card Petra! love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah!!! You totally inspired my getting off my butt this morning, to create and quickly finish my blog post! ❤ thanksalso for your kind comments x

      Delete
  2. Petra, this is divine! What a stroke of genius to use a little hand made springer. Would love to see how you created it! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your comment Cheryll! I totally will blog about how I created the springy action- watch this space! Thanks for taking the time to visit! X

      Delete
    2. Congrats on the GDP Special Mention Petra ... well deserved! xxx

      Delete
    3. Awwww! Thanks - I hadn't even realised!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your photographs, it really give a beginner a true idea of how to put the card together. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne- you have no idea how much your comment means to me!! Thankyou so much!

      Delete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the springy action. Interactive cards are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela!! I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you found the time to play and enter this adorable card! I love the spring action too! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, you are so kind! You always take the time to comment. I really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  6. Love the colour and the layout. The spring is just the icing on the card, a great feature xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!