Thursday, 23 February 2017

Hey Chick, and the Global design project!

Click here to see all the amazing designs this week using this theme!



I was excited by the Global design projects theme this week-In fact, I think I might try and design 2 cards, because there are SO many options for "winged creatures" that are available currently in our combined catalogs-You have dragonflies, butterflies, bugs, and as I have chosen, birds- and quite a few of them too!!  

I also wanted to design an up and coming class, so I played around with peek boo cards. I have made them in the past, but a long time ago, and I was looking for a refresher- and found a  a demo-Natalie Lapakko-that had written very clear instructions on the cutting dimensions. I very gratefully used these, and want to give her credit-and if you would like to see them, feel free to check out her excellent tutorial HERE
I struggled at first, to get the layers adhered correctly, but once I had figured that out, though-it was a breeze. 
Here is my creation-
The crazy chicken from the "hey chick" sale-a-bration stamp set is SO cute!

As you open the card, the sentiment changes!
The 2 sentiments I chose are "my sweet friend" and....

"Miss you" from the Live, Love, grow stamp set.




Tips for this card-

  • Stamp sets used: Live, Love, grow. / Hey chick!  /Any Occasion (Hey chick and Any occasion stamp sets are FREE SALE-A-BRATION STAMP SETS )
  • Adhere the Dsp on the top layer BEFORE cutting out the Peek-a-boo hole-other wise alignment is a pain! 
  • Use the Layering circles to get beautiful circle Peek a boo holes, and the matching scalloped borders included in that set of dies, to create frames.
  • Once your circle has been cut in the front panel, using a pencil, circle the EXACT placement of the subsequent hole, and die cut it out. Once THAT hole has been cut, do the same with the 3rd hole. This ensures perfect placement. 
  • Pencil in the 2 circles for sentiment placement. Again, perfect placement is key.
  • Once circling in sentiment holes, allow adequate time to dry if you are using archival ink. I penciled in my circle, stamped my sentiment, and then tried to erase the penciled circle lines, and smudged the ink everywhere, and had to start again. DON'T do what I did!
  • I used Tombo glue to align the top 2 panels but Tear and Tape to the end of the backing card. It made adhering the backing less messy because exact alignment was essential.
  • If you purchase, Live love grow, the Layering circles, tombo adhesive, and tear and tape, you will receive HEY CHICK for FREE during saleabration!

All highlighted products can be clicked on and bought from my store!




As you might have seen over the last few months, I have started to hold online classes-all supplies included, as well as an online, LIVE class tutorial. 
This style of card will be a class in the near future-be sure to subscribe to my classes, so that you don't miss it! Due to supplying all class materials (except for stamps and ink) spaces are limited-get in quick!




I hope you enjoyed todays post, and I hope that you manage to find some creative time to unwind-Creative therapy is the best therapy!





12 comments:

  1. This is another great Chick card. Love it and the mix











    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I've been living under a rock because I haven't seen these cards before. SUPER cute! And your chicken in the garden scene... amazing. Thanks so much for taking part in this week's Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks so much Jess! It took me a bit to figure out, but I loved it when I had figured it out!

      Delete
  3. Petra, super cute card! I'm glad you were able to figure out how these peekaboo cards worked, because they turned out totally awesome! I love the chicken hiding in the foliage. Those plants are the perfect style to match! Thanks for linking back to my tutorial! I'm glad it was useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thanks Natalie for taking the time to visit my blog! I really appreciated your tutorial, and cutting dimensions. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Love the scene you have created and your colouring is perfect. Great card design choice for these stamp sets Petra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I appreciate your feed back. It was really fun to make!

      Delete
  5. So adorable Petra! Love the interactiveness ... very tricky!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cheryl! It's a really fun card to make- I'll definitely be making more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!