Monday, 6 February 2017

Create with Carl-CASE challenge.


Feb 2016
Carl, my darling Husband, is a tiler by trade (although he isn't currently, except for doing an AMAZING job on our renovation recently!)  Because of this he knows a bit about design, having advised numerous clients on designs for Kitchens and Bathrooms, many principles of which are carried over to the creative nature of my wonderful hobby-cardmaking. 






HE has featured on my blog quite a few times, and often enjoys having a go at making a card. This was the case for our anniversary last year-He hadn't created for a while, but whipped together this cute card for me-I love it, Its soft and beautiful-but he was never happy with the layout.


Yesterday, I was involved with a blog hop with my Upline, Kylie Bertucci, and her team members, the crazy crafters. As a special guest, Shannon Lane, was involved with the hop, and we all CASED (copy-and-selectivly-edit) one of our favourite Shannon Lane project designs. 
Carl was astonished to see that Shannon had CASED her own previous design, one that she hadn't been altogether happy with- and an idea was born. He decided to case his own card. 



Best birds stamp set, Birds and blooms thinlit dies,
Beautiful branches thinlit dies

Isn't it just gorgeous? Im always nervous when he goes into my crafting space (Imagine what he will find!!! lol) Its my sanctuary, my therapeutic space-but he's always respectful of my precious supplies, and what I REALLY love is that Carl has no knowledge of whats "current" or "retired" and just uses what he loves-which is just awesome. Im so caught up with my new supplies, I'll often forget some hidden little gem I have lurking in my cupboard, at the back of the shelf. 
This Card is no different-He has mixed current with retired, in a new and fresh way-He told me (excitedly-I loved that!) he chose the DSP (retired) and Soft suede card stock (current) first, and got out the stamp and die set he had used previously-Best birds and birds and blooms (current) He used soft suede, real red, and garden green in colouring these elements but felt the card needed something more. he started to rummage (oh my goodness.) through my stamps and dies, and found the special release die set (that came with stamps) from last year, "beautiful branches" (retired)
Eureka! He had found what he was looking for!
It added enough interest without over powering the card. He (and I!!!!) loved it. 
for a little bling (knowing I love bling.) he added 3 mini metallic brads

Create with Carl- Best birds stamp set
He kept it as an anniversary card-
Our anniversary isn't until July,
but it  DOESN'T (Carl are you listening?)
get him out of making me a card this year!!!
Mwah! 
I hope you enjoyed OUR post today-It was a very special one-I'm VERY proud of my husband of 23 years. He's defiantly a keeper. x

9 comments:

  1. Great Job Carl! can't wait to see what you come up with in July ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either Sarah! Thanks so much for stopping by, and your lovely comments!

      Delete
  2. Carl!! This is so good! So proud of you - Love how Petra is telling you off on her blog!! hahahahah you guys are like Bruno and I. xx and 23 years??? were you 5 when you got married???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments.... yes. I was totally 5 when we got married. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Carl! Really handy and creative!!! It's so great to see your card in the highlights this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for popping by, and for your super gorgeous comments!

      Delete
  4. Awesome work Carl, so very creative of you to redesign you whole card to make it new again, I love the raised leaves die, very effective. P.S the touch of bling is gorgeous :) Congrats Petra and Carl for your upcoming anniversary (in July)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim- he's pretty creative- I'm siproud of him. - can't go wrong with Bling can you??? Thanks so much Kim!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!