Sunday, 19 February 2017

Crazy crafters Blog hop- with special guest, Georgia Guiguere.

Today we crazy crafters are Hopping again, and todays special guest is Georgia Guiguere. 
If you haven't heard of Georgia, make sure you go to her blog, Stampin Georgia, as She is an INSPIRATIONAL woman! She has been fighting Cancer, and finished her radiation treatments in December last year. I KNOW she would love to hear from you and I hope you go to her blog, and comment on her lovely cards!


I have chosen to CASE (copy-and-selectively-edit) this card from Georgia-
Click here to see the blog post tag featured this card!
Its from Quite a while ago-May 2nd 2014 and Georgia used one of my favourite sets from that era ( I made a few you tube tutorials using this set!)-Secret garden. It's huge flowers and simple lines are awesome for colouring-or leaving blank, as in the background of Georgias card. 
Heres my cased version-

Spotlight technique-Using Live, Love Grow Stamp set.

I received a BBB last week, and wanted to ink Up my new stamp set, Live, love, grow, and I thought the title described how AMAZING a woman Georgia is. A true inspiration.

Heres how I made My version of Geogria's card:

Spot lighting technique.


The highlighted Portions are items that you can purchase from my store-just click on them!

  • Cut a piece of whisper white card stock 9.5x13.9cm and stamp the Terrarium image from the Live, Love, Grow stamp set, then all the plants within the Terrarium, in archival black ink  in it.
  •  RE-stamp the Terrarium on a scrap piece of Whisper white card stock, again in archival black ink, but stamp the plants in colour (I stamped the plants in -Pear Pizzaz, -full strength for the out lines, and stamped off for the inside colour. I touched one of the succulents leaves with Rich Razzelberry marker after stamping, to get that succulent leaf feel.)
  • TOP TIP-I tried very hard to keep the placement as close as possible to the original. You could use a stamp-a-majig if you had one.  (I have one, but cant find the acetate piece!!! I would have used it though- I would have made things much easier.)
  • To create the "spotlights" I Used the Stitched Shape Framelits. I die cut out 2 squares from the coloured version of the Terrarium-as in Georgias Card.
  • In rich Razzelberry card stock I cut 2 squares using the Square Layering framelits to Matt the stitched shape frames. 
  • I used Tombo glue to adhere the coloured versions to the rich razzelberry layered scalloped squares. I popped some Dimentionals on the back in readiness for my finished card.
  • On my black and white version of the Terrarium, I then stamped my sentiment, and cut a Rich Razzelberry Matt for the entire whisper white card stock. 
  • While Stamping my sentiment, I accidentally left a light smear of Black ink (from my fingers I think) on My whisper white piece, (grrrrr) so I had the idea, instead of starting again, to Mask the terrarium and smudge some Sahara Sand ink on the whisper white background to hide my mistake. I wanted to keep the sentiment crisp and white though, so I now cut the thin strip where the sentiment lay, out. I then layered this strip with a thin strip of Rich Razzelberry card stock. 
  • To create the "smudge" in the background, I smoosched (very technical term) my Sahara Sand ink pad onto a zip lock bag, and spritzed it with water. I re stamped the terrarium on thin writing paper, and cut it out to create a mask of the image. I placed the mask over my Terrarium and.... with my heart full of hope that I didn't stuff it up, I placed the Zip Lock bag of the top, and once again Smoosched it down- being careful to not move the masked image.  Success! It wasn't ruined! I now had cool background texture! (phew.)
  • To finish off my card, I Used Tombo glue to adhere the whisper white (Terrarium) Matt to the Rich Razzelberry card stock matt (attaching that thin strip that I cut off the bottom too) then I added my Coloured Terrarium Squares, (which already had Dimensionals on them) and added my sentiment layer. I REALLY wanted that to POP so I Used the higher Layering Foam Strips to create slightly Higher dimension.
  •  To make the plants glisten, I used the Fine tipped glue pen, and squeezed droplets of glue out over the coloured version of the plants. Then to mimic the butterfly in Georgias card which she added for a little bit of added texture, I stapled  Blackberry bliss Ribbon (its retired, but I think this ribbon would look great!) To the edge of my cardstock.  then Tombo glued the entire layer to my base of Whisper white thick card stock Wha-Lah! 
Layers, Layers, Layers! (to fix a stuff up!!)

Fine tipped glue pen shininess!

Live Love Grow Version of Georgias Card. 

I hope you enjoyed todays Post-Please make sure you go to all the amazing cards on the Hop!
The crazy crafters LOVE to Hop, and we case some amazing Stampin Up demonstrators from around the world every fortnight. If you enjoyed todays Hop-Make sure to subscribe by email to my blog to catch the next Hop we do!
Click here to shop with me today!
Use this months Hostess code for Hostess gifts from ME!
February-PGFTCJVB


26 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Petra! LOVE the 3D succulents. I love the spotlight technique and you've nailed it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Gail-I'll tell you a secret-I stuffed it up 2 times before I got it right. When I smeared black ink on the last one, there was NO WAY I was going to do it again!! The background smudge idea was desperation. lol. Thanks so much for popping by and Commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow, love those little succulents, this set has been on my list for a while, you might have made me buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Its a great set-I really loved using it using with this technique- I appreciate you popping by, and your comments!

      Delete
  3. Great CASE Petra, awesome job. Ange xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Ange! appreciate your lovely comments! x

      Delete
  4. Great idea and technique Petra....am loving the succulent set...so much fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicki! I really enjoyed having a go at this technique!

      Delete
  5. WOW!! What a CASE! I really love the succulents and the way you brang them to life. Fantastic Card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nadi! What a beautiful comment x

      Delete
  6. Very clever Petra! Love your CASE of Georgia's card...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments, and your visit to my blog!

      Delete
  7. Love your layering Petra...i have not used the Live, Love Grow stamp set yet - i might just have to get it inky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it!!! Thanks for popping by my blog!

      Delete
  8. That's so gorgeous - I love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Petra! I love the whole effect of the card and then the details. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosalie!!!! Your comments are so appreciated. X

      Delete
  10. absolutely love this card Petra! and love how you turned a smudge into an awesome background texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you actually read my long winded step by step how to? Lol thanks- I actually loved it in the end- the "smooschimg" was my favourite part! Lol

      Delete
  11. Love how you have added texture to the succulents Petra, such an awesome effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThNks Kim!! Can't resist a bit of shine! Lol!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!