Sunday, 5 February 2017

Crazy crafters blog hop-with special guest, Shannon Lane.




What an amazing opportunity it is to CASE (copy and selectively edit) Shannon Lane, our special guest in todays Crazy crafter blog hop!
Shannon is an artisan for Stampin Up! and phenomenally talented-especially at using colour... It really stood out to me when going through her blog posts that she knows how to use colours, the right combinations, intensities, and amounts. 

That being said, What struck me in the card I've chosen, is the simplicity, but still striking design. The cluster of interest in the middle was just beautiful, and the restrained use of colour elegant.

Click on this amazing sample to go to
 Shannons Blog, Crush on colour!

Heres My CASED-ed  (Copy-and-selectively-edited) version of Shannons card.



Balloon adventures stamp and Die Bundle.

 I wanted to make a wedding card for a lovely young couple, whose wedding Carl and I had been invited to go to, but as it was in NSW, and circumstances being what they were, we weren't able to go.

My card turned out very different to what I had imagined-I think its because of the very big difference in the American sized card, to Australian sized cards. (and also my cluster of interest is much bigger!)

I have had slider cards on the brain recently. I did my second LIVE online class, and I taught an easy technique to make them. I've made heaps of them in recent weeks, and I think I could now make them in my sleep.

As I was creating the cluster of balloons for this wedding card  I thought, how good would it be if one were to float away...... wait a minute.... 





Balloon adventures bundle. 


 Balloon pop up thin lit dies slider card.






Stampin score board was used to create the textured background,
and the "Balloon pop up thinlit dies" provided an awesome die
for making the sliding balloon possible!

How I CASED-ed (copy-and-selectivly-edited) Shannon Lanes card-

  • I loved the subtle background of the embossed DSP. I didn't have any of the Irresistibly floral specialty designer series paper in Shannon's card, so to mimic it I got my score board out, and used the (now retired) diagonal scoring plate, to score diagonal lines on the whisper white card stock.
  • There was a beautiful piece of Dsp in Shannons card with notes on it- gorgeous. I actually used some DSP from the neutrals collection, framed by some basic black, but here is where I found the sizing difficult. Next time, I might use less balloons, because I really want to make this card again, sticking closer to Shannon's design. As Ive said numerous times, restraint is difficult for me, HAHAHA!
  • The stunning cluster of interest In Shannons card could be for any occasion, and illustrates well her ability to gradually build focus to her intended embellishment or sentiment-in this case her sentiment of "peace." Hopefully my cluster of Balloons also draws attention to my sentiment-as my Balloon floats upward, revealing the sentiment downward!
  •  and finally I loved Shannons use of the vellum leaves in her design. I mimicked this by adding the vellum "bows" die cut from the Balloon pop up thinlit dies.

I hope you enjoyed My CASE of Shannons design-Make sure that you check out all the other crazy crafters Cased designs of some of Shannons cards-click on the list below!





Above is the You tube clip of the online slider card class. It's a bit long winded, because of the interactive Facebook live style of filming, but for any one that wants to learn how to make the slider card, it gives some little tips. I hope you have a FABULOUS Sunday- and are able to squeeze in some creativity! petard

29 comments:

  1. Lovely card idea Petra....love the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - the colours, layout ... everything. When I realised it was a slider card, my brain exploded! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww- your comments are gorgeous x

      Delete
  3. LOVE this card! your slider cards are amazing Petra! and I love the balloon floating away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Petra, love your card before i knew it was a slider....But reading then seeing it was a slider further down well I fell in love. Great design and CASE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so sorry I missed your vid live! Tanks for sharing it again x

      Delete
    2. Awwww- thanks Kim- can't stop making them! Lol

      Delete
  5. Wow Petra. Awesome slider card. Must try it for myself. Love the sparkles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike yet our cards are so different .. I'm off to watch your video :) Thanks for sharing Petra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- I smiled when I saw that we had cased the same card! (And SO different, but both of us are in a groove at the moment!! You with the specialty DSP, and me sliders) thanks for your lovely comments, and I hope you're not too bored watching the video- it's pretty long winded.

      Delete
  7. Wow! Love your card and the cluster of balloons. The slider mechanism is fabulous too. Great idea and Case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan! You're so talented, I really appreciate your feed back.

      Delete
  8. WOW I love this card, a excellent CASE and love how you have layered your balloons. Ange xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela!! Even though I did it late last night, I really enjoyed making it. Appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  9. Petra, you just blew me away! This card is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww- thanks for your kind words xxx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card, Petra (one of my favourite names, by the way!) I love that you've selected elements of this design and made it entirely your own. You've done a beautiful job! I agree with out about having a tough time holding back - I'm a big believer of "more is more" - more colours, more layers, more embellishments, more FUN! Thank you so much for being part of this blog hop - it has been an absolute delight for me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. They are aren't they! Thanks so much Lisa!!!!

      Delete
  12. Petra this is amazing - I love how you have taken this to the next level and added the slider - I have not attempted these myself you but you have encouraged me to give it a go - love your work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally have a go- they are super simple in reality, and totally fun to make! Thanks for popping by, and your lovely message!

      Delete
  13. Fantastic!! Wow! The slider part is so clever - what a wonderful card to receive. Super cute. Thanks for hopping today and making the Crazy Crafters such an amazing team to be part of. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much kylie, and thank you for organising this fun hop!

      Delete
  14. What a surprise, a slider card! great twist on your CASE, love you work Petra xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!