I thought I'd combine a few challenges today-so I had a go at the Just add Ink challenge, and had another go at the Global design project, because I loved Krista's card so much. (it was a CASE that designer challenge this week!)
|Click Here to see the other designers creations!|
|Click here to see the designers creationsand also the other entries!|
Here is my take on these 2 challenges-
|Summer inspired, Cool treats Card.|
|Cool treats, Frozen treats dies, stitched shape framelits.|
How My card was influenced by these challenges-
Just add Ink
- I chose the "cool treats" stamp set, because it just says summer to me. Don't you just feel like eating ice cream, just LOOKING at that cute die cut ice cream?
- I think Island Indigo is just a GORGEOUS summery colour. I shadow stamped the sentiment, with another summer colour, Pool party. The "YOU'RE" in the sentiment I stamped off, so that "sweet" was really emphasised by the Full strength Isand indigo.
- Krista's Card Had a subdued background. I know my background colour ISN'T a subdued colour, so I covered the entire Dsp with vellum, to lower the intensity of the colours. It adds a great floaty feel to the card too. (if my sewing machine had have been accessible, I would have stitched the velum like Krista's card-how cool is that?
- I really like the Layout of Krista's card. instead of adding the sentiment to the stitched square, I placed it along the strip where the burlap ribbon is in her sample card.
- I love the sweet flower, but , I was dying to have a go at using my new "frozen treats" dies- so I placed the ice cream embellishment in the rectangle made by the stitched shape framelits.
In My Card I used-
Whisper white card stock (order number-106549 extra thick-140490)
Crumb cake card stock (for the cone)(order number-121685)
Cool treats bundle (order number-145181)
Stitched shape framelit dies-(order number-145372)
Island indigo card stock (order number-124390)
Island indigo Ink,(order number-126986)
Pool party ink. (Order number-124391)
Dsp (mine was retired, but I recommend-Tasty treats specialty designer series Paper, order number-142770)
Because the DSP is retired, you could also go for this colour combo-whisper white, crumb cake, and watermelon wonder.
Easy treats card stock pack-(order number 142772)
Watermelon wonder ink-(order number-138323)
crumb cake ink-(order number-121685)
I hope you enjoyed todays card-I really enjoyed combining the 2 challenges! I hope you have a great day and you manage to sneak in some craftiness!