Saturday, 25 February 2017

Book case builder and a Paper craft crew challenge!

I had some really cool news last week-one of my cards from last month became a top pick in the Paper craft crew! How exciting! Its always an honour to be recognised by a group of VERY talented designers, Like the team on the Paper craft crew.
You can view that post from the Paper craft crew HERE
And my original post HERE
I thought Id have another go at the Paper craft crews challenges this week-especially since it is a sketch challenge. I love them! Here is the sketch:


Be sure to check out the paper craft crew!
click here!



I Got Book case builder in the last BBB I received, but hadn't had a chance to ink it up yet. When I got the PPC challenge email this week, I really wanted to use it, and thought using the Book case builder set would be great! 

I VERY QUICKLY in my lunch break yesterday, (I work from home) got it out and whipped up this card using the sketch. 

Book case builder has some lovely sentiments too!

Book case builder.


Yesterday afternoon I was thinking about the sketch, and looking at my card, which I wasn't 100% happy with, and an idea came to me- 
THIS CARD!

Book case builder meets hearth and home
 framelits, and the brick wall embossing folder

Inking the embossing folder before running
 it through the big shot adds just a little more definition to the embossing 

Tips for making this card: 

-All highlighted items can be bought from my store- just click on them!



 WHAA-LAH! done! I love this card, especially the simplicity of it (something I'm not overly good at!)  I hope you like it, and want to have a go. It was so much fun to make! I made a quick video of my self making the card. (see the bottom of this post) Unfortunately I had a bit of trouble with iMovie, and the music I wanted to over lay my talking the entire video didn't happen, so I'm sorry for the editing!!!!
I encourage you to go and have a look at the paper craft crew blog, and be inspired by the designers and entries that are displayed there-they do an amazing job at show casing amazing card making techniques! 
 I hope your weekend is lovely and that you have a creative moment or 2! 
Petra x



2 comments:

  1. I think they are both great cards Petra but I do love the extra dimension and illusion of it that you created with your second. Great combination of stamps sets! Thanks for dropping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! thanks- I always appreciate feed back! I really liked the second card too- its a great fun set to play with- especially because we have a few "home" themed sets in our catalogs at the moment!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!