Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Beetles and Bugs- Global design Project.





Yay! Colour challenge! I love a good colour challenge-and todays challenge is a bright and cheery combination Of Daffodil Delight, Emerald Envy, and Watermelon Wonder. I saw todays combo, and thought immediately about the new set form the occasions catalog, "Beetles and Bugs"
Click here for lots of Inspiration from the GDP designers and other entrants
 Im preparing for Next months Coffee and Cards Class, in Which we are making shaker cards. (More details coming this week!) I'm really loving the live classes-Its great fun to be able to interact with the class live, and trouble shoot any problems anyone might be having. Im in the process of choosing a style of shaker (theres a few types you can do- this one is a top mounted shaker) that I can do with the class, and write a tutorial for- thats my biggest challenge I found! so, watch this space for lots of samples over the next week or 2!

Beetles and Bugs shaker card!


Beetles and Bugs Shaker card!

I LOVE the Beetles and Bugs set-the 2 step stamping combo is such a winner-and being Photopolymer, very easy to line up. 

  1. I started out by cutting a 2 strips of whisper white and 1 strip of window sheet at 5cm x13.5 cm
  2.  I then stamped one of the whisper white  pieces with my bugs, and overlaid the window sheet over the top,  (washi tape to secure) and lined up the stamping of the bugs underneath. (with stays on ink) 
  3. I cut the "frame" from the whisper white bug stamped card stock, (1cm all the way around) and then adhered that frame over the stamped window sheet. 
  4. line up the stamped centre of the frame on the other piece of whisper white, and glue it down, letting it dry completely. 
  5. Put my sparkly bits in the middle of the stamped area of the now layered whisper white  cardstock.(carefully. glitter is a pain)
  6.  use the foam dimensional strips on the window sheet "framed" piece. took the backing strips off and lined it up.
  • USE OF GLITTER TIP-Use the hot glue gun glue as "silicone"to stop up any gaps when using glitter as your filling. Stampin up glitter is so fine, it finds its way out of any and every teeny tiny gap. leaving glitter everywhere. Hmmmmmm. not good. 
Beetles and Bugs shaker card-
Botanical builder leaves and flower




Inside the shaker is a combo of sequins and glitter.

I hope you enjoyed todays post-remember that you can purchase all the supplies for this card in my store!

click here to go to my store!

Have a great day, and I hope you can squeeze in a little bit of creativity!
Petra x

5 comments:

  1. Who knew that the bugs would looks so good dressed up in sequins and glitter! Love your idea. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week and good luck for the Guest Artist pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this set, I wish there was some side views of th bugs as well.... I have visions of picnics, and food, and bugs..... lol. Thanks so much for popping in, and for your kind words!!

      Delete
  2. Petra if this doesn't win I am a monkeys Aunty!!! This is design at it's best I LOVE it and will CASE this later in the year for my son's Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words!!!! I love this stamp set- it's brilliant. I hope you have fun with it!

      Delete
  3. Love this fun shaker card Petra, looking forward to seeing your other shaker cards to come :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!