Thursday, 19 January 2017

...sympathy cards...

Sympathy cards are really difficult. 
I was a bit stumped, so I used the sketch from the TGIF challenge blog (again)


I hope you like my entry:

TGIF challenge card

Flourishing phrases, best birds and Banners for you stamp sets
Colouring-
I kept my colouring really subtle-Slate grey cardstock, framed by Early espresso, basic grey scalloped matt, and a whisper white sentiment on the stitched oval. The bird was coloured by the new watercolour pencils, in smokey slate, early espresso. The beak was daffodil delight and pumpkin pie. 

It was the first time I have ever used the woodland Embossing folder. After I had run the smokey slate card stock through the big shot, I dabbed the card stock directly with the smokey slate ink pad, giving it a rough colour.

Wood lands Embossing folder. Card coloured with smokey slate
I hope this card lets the family know how much was are thinking of them.

6 comments:

  1. Petra this is so beautiful! Glad you played along again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thanks for visiting my blog Holly! I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The coloring is wonderful, and I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at TGIF Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for popping by Marisa! these are my first set of water colouring pencils, and I'm in love with them! The way they lay colour down- it really creamy when you blend with a blender pen-it's just amazing.

      Delete
  4. stunning card . the colours, the way you have added colour to the embossed paper is just so perfect for the card theme. All the elements in this card fit just right amazing mix and match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bibi- I appreciate your feedback. 😊

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!