Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Global design project, Sketch challenge ANOTHER entry!

I told you I would be having another go at this challenge- I just didn't realise how quickly!!


I had an idea, while I was at work. I was thinking about how proud I am of my Hubbie. (He pops in here occasionally-Create with Carl-) I wanted to do something nice for him.

On the holidays our Car broke down. Of course, being the holidays, all mechanics were closed, so, no car. Well, Carl, with great patience, worked on our car. Now, Cars ARENT his thing, let me tell you, and we really had no idea why it wouldn't go-one minute it did, and the next it didn't. It was Very Frustrating. Carl has been working on the car, our Brother-in-law Shane came and helped, as did a very good friend, and finally-after 4 weeks, and MANY hours of hard work, on Monday (yesterday) he turned the key, and BANG-the engine started.   I almost cried.

My wonderful Hubbie 


Well, as I said, I was thinking about how I wanted to do something nice-I often make cards and surprise him by putting them in his lunch box, (lol, sappy I know.) my eyes rested on a card I made a few weeks ago, using the tasty trucks stamp set. Now, something you might not know about Carl is that he is a truck driver. It Occurred to me, that with a little masking, I could make the food truck into a little truck- well, thats what I did!! 
here is the GDP sketch-

And Here is my entry-what do you think?


For My Carl x

Tasty trucks, Nailed it bundle, and the Hexagon Dynamic textured Impressions
Embossing Folder
Im in love with the Nailed it bundle!


At first I was going to glue the nuts down, (its nuts and bolts isn't it?) But then I thought about how in the sketch there is those lines above the solid rectangle block, and I thought I would thread them on some metallic thread.  Doesn't the shine of the Hexagon Dynamic textured Impressions (what a mouthful!) Silver foil strip really POP!

The other 2 sneaky stamp set I used are "whats your type?" (for the truck "tray")
and "Words of truth"(sentiment) both of these are great sets, but are unfortunately retired. 

I'm in love with this card, and I hope he likes it too x Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. This is really cool! Love it! I might have to try this! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for visiting my blog! I really, really LOVE these stamp and die sets-and the EF is pretty spectacular. I appreciate your Kind comments x

      Delete
  2. This is SOOO cute, Petra! I don't know how you could cope that long without a car, love. I am grateful for the 24/7 access we have to tradies, living in a big city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! Yeah, it was a massive pain-especially for Carl-But my wonderful Niece let us borrow her Car (she just got her L1's yesterday-celebrations all round!)so we survived. It was amazing to me too, that NO Auto electricians were open Jan1. lol. oh well. its all good today-we survived, and have a story to tell! LOL

      Delete
  3. Love it Petra! The truck and nuts, bolts and things. Not your story though, I might be ok without a car for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetheart Rachel! Thank you! It wasn't too difficult for me, I work from home, and my niece borrowed us her little hatch back for Carl to get to work in. It was a pain, because we knew what a sacrifice a car is to someone who is learning to drive. (I don't know if I would have given up my car for my aunt and uncle when I was a teenager! What a gem!

      Delete
  4. Such a great card - my husband is just the same. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Fiona! I appreciate your lovely comment on mine! x

      Delete
  5. That is seriously one cute card and truck!! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Paula! It was a great challenge!

      Delete
  6. Seriously?! This is amazing....you're so clever Petra! I don't know if I would cope 4 weeks without my car...I would have cried too when it started! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exciting moment, I can tell you., lol. Thanks for popping by Louise! I appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judi for stopping by my blog, and leaving an encouraging comment! I truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  8. Petra, I love your masking to make this food truck a truck with a bed! It make me wonder what I could come up with to put in the bed! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww!! Thanks- you made my day!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!