Monday, 16 January 2017

Global design project-Sketch challenge. #GDP70

Here we are at another week, another challenge!

I LOVE sketch challenges, I think they are my favourite, and Im sure Ill squeeze in another entry this week for this challenge. 

I think I love sketch challenges because I'm a fairly simple girl, and go for quite straightforward designs in my card making. I do quite a bit of layering, so the sketches usually suit my style, and when I play around with someone elses design (say, in a sketch) I always surprise myself by how much I like something a bit different. 
This weeks sketch, is VERY much my style. Here is the sketch-





and here is my entry-


#GDP70

#GDP70

I'm absolutely going to have another go at this sketch, It was really fun, and I'm very pleased with results!

I used-
"up and away" dies
Stampin Up vellum  
"Avant-garden" stamp set (sentiment)
Designer series paper-carried away
melanic woven ribbon (silver)
Silver Foil card stock.
(3 of these items I received free during our sale-a-bration promotion- ON NOW!) 

As you might see in the photo, I cut the Hot air balloon from the "Up and away" dies in vellum. I glued it on using a technique I posted here a few weeks ago-velum can be notorious for being difficult to glue on to a project-well....It used to be, but, using this technique, it's not any more!
see that post HERE

I loved this card so much, I made another-
Velumn Hot air balloon from the "up and away" dies



In this card I also used Vellum for the hot air balloon, pairing it with a smokey slate pattern out of the same designer series paper, "Carried away". I paired that with peekaboo peach, and silver foil. The sentiment comes from the Paisleys and Posies stamp set out of the holiday catalog. 

I LOVED playing with the "Up in the air" bundle. I actually made more cards, but Ill show you them tomorrow!

ONLINE LIVE SLIDER CARD CLASS
FEATURING THE LIFT ME UP BUNDLE
 Ill take this opportunity to let you know of an online LIVE Facebook class that I'm teaching featuring this stamp and die set, making Slider cards On February 4th.
Class materials, a written tutorial for future reference, and a live class, where you can ask questions in realtime are provided.
if you are interested please Click here for more details-
Click Here for details on my LIVE Slider card Class

Pop in tomorrow for a few more samples Featuring this amazing stamp and Die combo, as well as, more details on my up coming classes!
Have a great day! Happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Petra - these are gorgeous!! Love your colour choices, and the way you finish your cards beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Christine! Welcome to my blog!!!!! How lovely to hear from you- especially your very kind comments. Than you so much!

      Delete
  2. You are blowing my mind ... Coral & Silver are beautiful. Then the card with the velum balloon?!?! amazing! Thank-you for playing along with the GDP - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista! Thanks so much- the silver foil makes the watermelon wonder pop doesn't it? Thanks for popping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Stunning! I love the colour combo - you're on fire with all your gorgeous creations Petra. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra, these are some of the loveliest creations I have seen using this set! Cheers Cheryll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you So much! I really love this stamp and die combo- it's so versatile!

      Delete
  5. I literally gasped out loud when I saw your coral card on Instagram (?) the other day! It is so, so stunning. And then you go and WOW me again with your other designs. You are amazing. As always, it's so lovely to have you join in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww! Jess! What lovely comments! Thankyou so much for popping in to my blog (and Insta!) and leaving such beautiful comments! X

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I appreciate that you have popped by and had a look!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!