Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Global design project-Colour Challenge #GDP69

Im very sick with the Flu today-so crafting seemed to be in order! The Global Design challenge post popped into my email in-box, so I thought that would be a good place to start (that's how I usually start my week-why break with tradition?!?)
But when I saw this weeks challenge I cringed. Delightful Dijon is NOT one of my Favourite colours.
But you know when you push the boundaries sometimes, things just WORK? 

I'm very pleased to say that this card took my LESS THAN 15 minutes to make- and less than 5 minutes to decide on layout and additional colour.
Click above to get to the Global Design challenge blog,
 and check out the other amazing entries!


Here is my entry for this week-I used the new Saleabration stamp set 'Avant-garden" the layout is similar to the sample in the saleabration catalog, which I loved from the moment I saw it! 
The "free choice" colour is crumb cake, and I used whisper white as my neutral. 

Avant-garden in Delightful Dijon, crumb cake, and silver.

Here is the sample card out of the Saleabration catalog, where I got my layout idea from. Im thinking of making this in a Facebook live post some time this month. It came together so simply!


The sample card from the saleabration catalog

avant-garden stamp set
One of the free saleabration stamp sets!

The Sentiment is from "a dozen thoughts" stamp set-a really handy older stamp set, (and I especially love the font) but unfortunately, its retired. 

Avant-garden stamp set.




I used my envelope punch board and made a matching envelope!


I hope you enjoyed todays post, and you have the opportunity to do some craft-therapy soon!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Petra! I have to admit I felt the same way about poor Delightful Dijon when I saw this week's challenge! But I suppose that's what a 'challenge' is all about! I love how you went bold with the colour and the sash breaks it up perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project and sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Thank You!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one- I actually love yellows, but the mustardy tone of delightful Dijon just doesn't do anything for me.... but I must say, the pairing with silver really lifts it! Thanks for popping by and commenting- you make my day! :-)

      Delete
  2. Those flowers are beautiful! Thank-you for playing along with the GDP - Krista from Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!