Thursday, 5 January 2017

global design project- case the designer! #GDP68

Oh my goodness!! How exciting- I was one of the winners of the GDP last fortnight! (Challenge-trees) what an honor it is to be included!!- click -HERE- to see the other amazing winners for this challenge!

On to a new year- a new week- and a new challenge! 
-it's a challenge I love- case the designer- and what a talented women Jess Williams is! Here is the card we will be CASE-ing. (Copy And Selectively Edit) 
Click here to see the GDP designers and entries!

What a stunning card. Clean, and gorgeous.
Here's my version of Jess's design. I used the layout particularly-I think it's really balanced. I hope mine does it justice. 


 I added the fun element of a surprise sentiment-what so you think? 



I used the new saleabration set "delicate details" for the lace patterns on the card, and , because there's no stamp for the larger cloud, I used a soft sky marker-fine tip end- and out lined it myself. (Lol)

I used shimmery whisper white (it has very good water colour paper properties) for my watercoloured hot air balloon- but couldn't waste the negative!! So here is a quick not card I made to use that up! 


I hope you enjoyed my post for this week! 

As a side point, I'm hosting a Face book live "coffee and cards" class Saturday the 7th of January. I've decided to run online classes again, and the Facebook "live" feature seems a great way to host them. Saturdays class will explain the details of my upcoming classes, as well as a run through of my favourite things from
The new Occasions and Saleabration catalogs. If you would like to check my class out click -HERE- and click "attend."
It's worth doing this, even if you won't be able to make it to the live class, because, the next time you pop onto Facebook after the class has occurred, you will get the recorded version in your news feed. 

 I hope you have a fabulous day- and get. Some time for some creative therapy!!!



11 comments:

  1. LOVE! Another gorgeous creation Petra, congrats on last weeks win. Thanks for playing along again this week to the Global Design Project. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for popping by, and your kind comments xxx

      Delete
  2. Petra - I really love this card! It's just stunning in its own right but then you completely bowled me over with the way the balloon moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thank you Stephanie! It's nice to add little surprises like that! X I appreciate so much your kind words!

      Delete
  3. I adore both your cards but I love the sponging on the balloon best.Thanks for joining us at the Global Design Project this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you lovely comments Michelle!

      Delete
  4. Incredible! There are so many things I love about these cards! The watercoloured balloon, the lace, the special effects! Everytime I look there is something new to see. Seriously amazing!
    Congratulations on last week's win! I have a feeling your name will be featured a lot in the winner's posts!
    Thanks also for your kind words and for joining in with this week's Global Design Project. I'm so honoured to have had you CASE me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a surprise to see your comments here, on my blog! Thank you SO much for visiting- I'm so glad you like my card, yours is just stunning. I'm glad you think I did it justice!

      Delete
  5. Love that you've used the positive & negative of the balloon for your two cards, it would be such a waste to throw out that beautiful watercoloured background you made xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Petra, Ilove this bundle. Well Done and Congrats on your win. Ange xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both samples are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!