Monday, 23 January 2017

#GDP71 Off the page!



Another Global design project challenge- and this weeks is a doosy! Off the page isn't something I do a lot of-but I see such amazing demonstrator projects on pinterest, that occasionally, I love to have a go myself!



This Challenge is EXCELLENT. Perfect timing too-because when I saw what the challenge was, I realised that  I had just made team gifts last week, but that I hadn't blogged about them yet, but that would totally fit this challenge!


Back when Stampin up produced "Blendabitlites" (***sigh. blendabilities. I miss those...) I bought this shrinky dink paper. Its AWESOME-and can be coloured with alcohol based inks and markers. 
Since I gave up my markers though, I haven't really used it much, but I really wanted to make something for my team for sale-a-bration. so pulled them out to make some scissor savers! (or key rings-whichever you prefer...)

Here is my entry!
Key chain...

...Scissor saver!
I made Scissor savers (attach the ring to your scissors so that you never lose them in a class or event again!-I later attached a key chain as well, in case one of the team would prefer to attach them to their keys!)
Cute don't you think? that Teeny-tiny little tasty truck with its MINISCULE little ice creams-
UBER-CUTENESS!!!

Heres how-
1-stamp the tasty truck stamp in stays on ink onto the shrinky dink plastic. after this, cut out the shape leaving a decent white gap, Using a hole punch, cut out a hole to attach a link to later.
Prep-ing images for baking.
2-Put a toothpick in the hole for the link (that stops it closing up when baking) and place on a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 5-10 mins. I always check at the 5 min mark to make sure they aren't touching or haven't gotten caught around the end of the tooth pick. They move DRAMATICALLY during baking. 
size comparison after baking
3-When they are the desired size carefully take the tray out of the oven, and flatten with a gloved hand. CAUTION! THEY ARE HOT!
...scissor saver or...
4-Attach the ribbons, link, and rings (for scissor savers) and a key chain attachment, if desired
...key rings!...
A few weeks ago I made these cards for my team, so when I was creating the shrinky dink scissor savers, I tried to think of an idea that would allow them to match with the cards.... I love  ribbons, and I had managed to recently buy some ribbon that matched mint macaron from an outside craft shop, so I teamed the sweet sugarplum SU ribbon with the mint macaron I had snagged, and together, they seemed to match with the cards well. 
Tasty trucks gift cards 
how they arrived-
attaching the team gift to the card.


I hope you like my "off the page" attempt- Im really still a learner at managing to create handmade gifts, but I really enjoyed making these!

I'd LOVE to send you one too-why not join my team? 



BECOMING A STAMPIN UP DEMONSTRATOR DURING SALEABRATION-

Signing up with stamping up is ALWAYS a great way of getting your stamping and crafting gear at a discount, and is also a fantastic opportunity to cover your crafting expenses-AND a great job, if you desire.
BUT- DURING SALEABRATION, IT BECOMES AMAZING!


Stampin Up is offering-
$235 worth of YOUR CHOICE of Stampin Up! products for only $169
PLUS 2 free stamp sets of your choice!!!!!
On top of this amazing deal, you will receive a minimum 20% discount on all future purchases!
Whats not to love!!!



so, to do the math-
$235 - product
+$179-free product (depending on your choice of free stamps)
$414 worth of product for only $169


FAQ:
Do I have to meet any sales requirements?
If you want to retain the great discount there is a minimum amount of $440 every 3 months ($117 a month) You can make these purchases yourself or have friends or customers do it for you. (with you earning the 20% on these purchases) BUT-this is a big but-There is NO PENALTY for not meeting your minimums. All that happens is that you no longer receive your discount as a Demonstrator.
AND because, if you joined today, you are joining in the middle of a quarter, you stay as a demo until June-that almost 6 months worth of discounts anyway!
Do I have to host workshops and Parties?
No!!! People are going to want to know how you  create these amazing projects-but its up to you to tell them or not!!!!!!! if you want to show them, and, lets be honest, they are going to want to have a go- (didn't you?) then by all means, show them, but if you want to keep it our little secret, I promise, I wont tell! LOL. Plenty of demonstrators are demonstrators for the discount only, and thats ok-in fact, thats why I joined-So I'd love to have you on my team!
Is it complicated to join up?
Nope! Grab a pen, paper, and catalog, (if you don't have one, theres a digital one on the right of this screen-The annual, and occasions catalogs) work out what you want to get i would advise not only writing down names of products, but order numbers as well, once you have $235 worth of goodies, and 2 free stamp sets chosen, click this link-



I would be SO pleased to have you on my team.
I hope to speak with you soon!







12 comments:

  1. I love this Petra - what a great team present! I need a find some white shrinky!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thanks Kelly! I bought it online- if I can find the name of the company, ill send you the link! It was s while ago (blendabities.... lol) but I'll look! X thanks for popping by!!!!

      Delete
  2. Petra, these are just adorable!! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week as we go off the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks So much Paula- I don't do it very often, but it was really fun to do! thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Are you flippin' kidding me?! WOW Petra - super adorable! Love these cute little guys. Thanks so much for playing along to the GDP again this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. you made me laugh! thanks so much for popping by and commenting. I LOVE playing with the GDP!

      Delete
  4. Such a great project, and you're right, it's perfect for this challenge. Love how you made a matching card to go with your little trinkets. Thanks for playing with Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you visiting my blog-thanks so much for your kind comments!

      Delete
  5. Your keychain/scissor saver charms are absolutely adorable, Petra! The Tasty Truck image looks even cute in miniature & the ribbons are a yummy addition. Always love a co-ordinating card & gift! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I an dying over these and I am totally making them. Did you use staz on ink? Thank you for taking the global design project challenge last week. So sorry that is a bit behind checking out all of the entires - Krista from canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!