Thursday, 12 January 2017

Crazy Crafter swaps-Tips on making bulk cards!

Hi every one!! Well. It seems Im still sick. BLAHHHHHHH! THATS just annoying! horrid cough, and feeling decidedly gross. I can't really be at work very much or for very long. so being at the computer has suited me. So has making cards. Ive made quite a few this week!

Crazy crafter swaps!
Ive decided to do swaps this year with some of my crazy crafter team (Thanks to Nicole and Kylie for organising the swap teams!)  Swaps are generally done at the beginning of a catalog launch. (also given out at events like onstage!) In case you don't know what swaps are-Its where a bunch of you get together and you each make (in our case) 8 cards of the 1 design, and then you all "swap" them with each other, so that you have a variety of samples from the new catalog. that way if you don't have ALL the stamp sets you can still show some sample cards to those at your work shops, and they can get a feel for how the stamp sets look when used in real life.

In our case the Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogs have only been out a week, so we have been busy furiously making cards from our lovely new products.
As you might have seen earlier this week for the global design project (HERE) I used the new Avant-garden stamp set to create a card for the colour challenge this week. Even though delightful dijon isn't a favourite colour of mine, I was really pleased with how the card turned out. It was quick, simple and fairly easy-just what you want in a swap card-bulk card making shouldn't be too fiddly!! So I decided to use the design for my swaps as well.

Avant-garden stamp set-
free with any qualifying order!

"to someone who makes others so happy"
what a lovely sentiment!
Making these cards got me thinking how useful it would be to have a stock pile of cards for occasions you might need during the year-congratulations, sympathy, thinking of you and thank you cards-but also how daunting making cards on a large scale can some times be. It doesn't need to be. I used the same sentiment throughout all my cards, but the design would suit any of the above sentiments-just switch them up!







I  created a quick video of myself making the cards. I made these 8 cards, including cutting the card stock in under an hour. (The video originally went for 40 mins, and I cut the card stock in 10 minutes-It would have been even quicker had it been all straight cuts-So, 50 minutes all up!) So it IS possible to make a pack of cards in a relatively short amount of time! ( I find it's creating the designs that takes the time! lol) I hope you enjoy it.

Although the basic card is very easy, Ive struggled to get diagonal cuts perfect and uniform in the past, so when I mastered this technique, I thought I'd share the tips with YOU!


As you can see in the video, I had my design chosen, and all my card stock cut, ready to go. That's the biggest tip I can give you-get everything prepared ahead of time! 

Materials
Miscellaneous: Linen thread. Fine tipped Glue pen. Tombo glue.
Inks:So Saffron ink, Watermelon Wonder ink, and Chocolate Chip ink.
Card stock: Whisper White card base (1/2 an A4 sheet-5 7/8" x 8 1/4"-measure this, because I find I still have to cut a TINY slither off to make it exact.) fold in half (4 1/8")
then cut-
So Safron- 3 3/8" x 4 3/8" 
Whisper White- 3 3/8"x 5 1/8"
Early Espresso- 3 5/8" x 5 3/8"

****To cut the diagonal angle on the so saffron piece: 
Place the piece of card stock in the Stampin trimmer so that one corner of the card stock is at the 3cm line to the left of the trimmer track, and the opposite corner is at the 3 cm line on the right of the trimmer track. (see picture)
Hold the trimmer arm firmly down so card stock doesn't move, and cut. When adhering the 2 resulting So saffron pieces to the small whisper white card stock, Line the so saffron pieces to the top and bottom edges, and the resulting gap should enable you to stamp your sentiment nicely!



I hope it inspires you to go ahead and make Bulk cards for all the variety of situations you might need them this year! 
Sale-a-bration is ON, and in FULL SWING! why not take the opportunity and have a look at the catalogs-if I can help in any way, please feel free to contact me!
Have a wonderful day!!








4 comments:

  1. Such lovely cards - just looking at them makes one smile because they're so cheerful! Hope you feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Stephanie- I appreciate the feed back!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the awesome tip on cutting, I also have struggled massively with this & you make it look so easy! I'll give it another go xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jessie!! I really do hope you find the tip helpful- let me know how you go! Thanks for popping in to my blog x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!