Sunday, 22 January 2017

CASING Valerie Moody





Wow! What a fantastic Opportunity it is to CASE (copy and selectively edit) one of Val Moody's cards! She is an amazingly talented, super creative artist, and is an ARTISAN for Stampin Up! 
She is PARTICULARLY fantastic at a style of card making I am not the best at-Clean and simple... 
I was pinterest stalking her in anticipation of this blog hop, and was in awe of her.....She creates such beautiful, beautiful cards. Here is the one I have chosen to case. please click the below photo to go to her blog, Stampin with Val to check out her beautiful designs. 

Click the picture to go to Vals Blog post on this amazing Card!

Here is the card I have made. 

As you can see, I kept adding.... lol.

I had already decided to Use the frozen treats strawberries. I only got the stamp and die bundle in the mail on Friday, and was keen to use them, and when I was looking for a sentiment to use with the tiny strawberries, I came across the Fresh fruit stamp set in my collection, from the annual catalog. (Isn't it weird how when the Occasions catalog comes out, all other sets temporarily go out the window, while you enjoy playing with the new...!) Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to combine the 2 together-stamped strawberries from the Fresh fruit stamp set, and the die cut baby strawberries from the frozen treats die set.  


Fresh Fruit take on Val's card, made with the Jar of love stamp set
After I had die cut and added the strawberries to my sentiment panel, I decided my berries needed to be shiny, so I added some glue from the fine tipped glue pen, and Let it dry.

Stitched shape framelits frame.

Frozen treat strawberry dies. 

I LOVE these tiny strawberries- and the cucumber crush green tops POP on all that real red card stock. I cut a cucumber crush strawberry, and a real read strawberry, and cut the top off the green ones and added the teeny tiny greenery to the red strawberries, but realised after, (DUH!) that it would have been easier to cut the tops off the real red strawberries, and layered them on the green ones. so don't do what I did!! Make it easy for yourself!



the watercolored style stamped fruit makes a cute little highlight for the inside of the card too!



I hope you enjoy out blog hop today-Make sure you go to every one in the Hop, and check out MORE of Val's creations, AND, the crazy crafters take on them!

24 comments:

  1. Yum - I love strawberries! This is a mouth-watering card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too-I can't grow them for Quids, (I have apricots, grapes, and heaps of apples-but no strawberries-It's my constant battle with the birds! lol) but I LOVE them anyway!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Petra. Love strawberries too and those tiny die cut ones are so adorable. Great layout with the tone on tone background, the black circle frame makes it all pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWW-Thank you so much for your comments Juan- I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely bright card Petra....and who doesn't love strawberries....great case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yuuuum! I LOVE strawbs! thanks Vicki for visiting my bog, and saying hello! x

      Delete
  4. Now this is a wow card! Those tiny strawberries are the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thanks Rosalie for popping in to my blog, and leaving such. A lovely comment! X

      Delete
  5. Great card! How adorable are those tiny strawberries!! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! The dies in the cool treats bundle are so cool aren't they?

      Delete
  6. Those strawberries are just adorable! Fabulous card Petra xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! Appreciate you popping by! X

      Delete
  7. The tiny strawberries ate too cute and what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable Petra! And I always say you can never have too much red, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right, because my card has a lot of it Gail! Thankyou so much for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment!!

      Delete
  9. Love the colors you have used, makes the card pop. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Petra what a striking card. So vibrant and yummy. Tfs . X Bibi hugs from Scotland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO surprised to get a message from you Bibi! Thankyou so much for poppping in to my blog, and you're lovely comments!

      Delete
  11. Great CASE Petra. Love how you've used the little strawberries in place of flowers - super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! Aren't the teeny tiny strawbs cute? Thanks for popping by our hop!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Carolina- you are a sweetie! It was such a rushed card, and Blog post, all together I squeaked the post in with 4 mins to spare.... lol. tightest time ever for me. thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!