Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Global Design Project- Trees #GDP67

This weeks challenge is..... Trees! there are Quite a lot of stamps to choose from In the current catalogs- so Ive had fun playing today-and the challenge is running for 2 weeks over the holidays, so lots of people will have a chance to have a play. Make sure you check out all the great designs- here is the official challenge  badge-
Check out the Global design Project for inspiration!
Click here! 



 Here is my card for this week- the recipients will probably see this before they get it sadly, (Maybe they wont because they have only just moved???) But I I know she would want me to blog about it, lol. 
Home sweet home card using "sheltering tree" and "sweet home" stamp sets.
Colours: Mossy meadow (retired) Daffodil delight and real red.

"home sweet home"



couple of points of interest for this card:
I didn't have (shock! horror!) any real red ribbon, so I made my own-where there is a will, there is a way, LOL! 
dying white ribbon (utilising the old enamel embellishments packaging)
dying white ribbon-drying stage

The paving bricks or stones are made out of the negative pieces of the window die cuts... 



Home sweet home thinlits dies
Lastly, because the sweet home stamp set is photopolymer, you can "bend" them-straight in this case!

sentiment as it comes out of the case.
sentiment- straightened up.




Here in Tasmania our holidays are going to be HOT-which is exciting in and of itself! I will be taking advantage of this lovely weather, and probably wont get a chance until next week to blog again- so I hope everyone has a safe and happy time this weekend-enjoy the time spent with family.... see you next week!


6 comments:

  1. Love this card, Petra. You were so crafty to use several stamp sets for the design and then to dye the ribbon. Very clever!! I admire that. Have a wonderful time with your family. Enjoy the warm weather. Most of us in the US would love to have warm weather now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your comment- in Tasmania our summer isn't usually very warm (by Australian standards) but this year the forecast is BEAUTIFUL! We can't wait! I've been dying ribbon for a while, most colours come out beautifully, and I probably should have dyed it a third time, red and white makes a pink colour... but I was impatient, and it was pretty close. Lol. White ribbon is always good to have in their stash!

      Delete
  2. How cool is this card to welcome your friends to their new home! Thank you for sharing so many great tips too! I love the little pavers especially. Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Paula! I saw the negative pieces, and just couldn't throw them out! Lol. I like to find ways to use the negative pieces. Anything already cut, I figure saves me having to cut it! Lol. Laziness really. Lol

      Delete
  3. So clever Petra!! You put so much thought Into this card and I love it. Thank you so much for playing along with this Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol- thanks kylie......, can you guess who will be revue I g this card???? Lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!