Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Global design Project- Remarkable You




Welcome To this weeks Blog post- and another Global Design Project entry!

Each week I focus on a singular stamp set, and see what I come up with. And design challenges are great at getting you out of your comfort zone!
If you are Wanting to get the most out of your stamp sets, I'd LOVE you to subscribe to my blog!


This week at the Global Design Project, they are focusing on Colour, and Have a colour Challenge. I love the warmth of these 3 colours. 

Global Design Project colour challenge.



I Heres my entry for today:

Remarkable you stamp set, in Crumb cake, Real red, and Early Espresso 


The "Remarkable you" stamp set, is just beautiful, with lovely big images and some lovely sentiments as well. I chose, though to get my sentiment form another stamp set-"for the new two"because I have a few friends celebrating their anniversaries this next week. "For the new two " stamp set has gorgeously worded sentiments, in a stunning font, along a very cute bunch of flowers stamp (some would say.....bouquet for a wedding/anniversary stamp set?) 

Remarkable you stamp set.

for the new two stamp set.

"Remarkable you" and "The new two" stamp sets


I made 2 cards this same day, and on the first card I made (you will see that Thursday-there is a reason Im featuring my second card first! Im hoping the recipient might get her card in the meantime!) I dropped my gold Embossing power- ALL over the floor- 
DISASTER right??? 

Well, I was pretty up set. BUT it made me think well, what can I use NOW? I tried the copper embossing power Stamping Up introduced this year-well, Im VERY happy I used this one. I LOVE the very warm combo that the copper brings to the mix of colours. 


I spilt ALL my good embossing powder! oops!





Emboss The Peony stamp, and add the fine tip glue pen glue.
no need for crystal effects!

Don't you just love the effect that the fine tipped glue pen glue gives to the card-all glossy and raised.  I know we were all disappointed when crystal effects made its departure from our catalog this year, but honestly, I think this is waaaay better. Do you remember having to try and unclog the tip EVERY time you used crystal effects-wasting a  good ten/fifteen minuets each time? NEVER unclog another crystal effects again. Buy a fine tipped glue pen!!  Such an easy effect to a card!

Fine tipped glue pen instead of crystal effects.

Well-thats my post for today-I hope you liked it, and I hope that you have a go at using the Remarkable you stamp set. Stay tuned for another card made from this stamp set on FRIDAY, (or you could just subscribe, so you don't miss it!) If you would like to purchase one, feel free to purchase from stamping up, and choose me as your demonstrator-and if you use this months hostess code, and you will receive a little gift from me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,Petra! Love the technique for the raised petals. I have not used the Fine Tip Glue Pen for this, now I will have to try it. Thanks for the inspiration! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thankyou SO much for your comment- it's a very effective little technique isn't it? I love the shine it produces! Visit again soon!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!