Friday, 9 December 2016

Craft crushes and Global Design Project.



I have a few craft crushes-People who inspire you creatively.... who you think are 'stars' of the crafting world. 
Now just imagine, if a celebrity-saaaaaay Jennifer Aniston, Emma Stone or Ryan Gosling (mind blank. Those are the first that popped into my mind....lol) Wrote you a card, and thanked you for following them on Instagram. You'd be blown away, right? 

Ummmmm well this happened to me this week.

No, I did not get a card from Ryan Gosling. (sigh) But I DID get a card from a craft crush of mine. Louise Sharp.  (-See her blog HERE) She was recently announced as a Stampin' Up Artisan. (she's amazingly clever!) And her style of crafting is just gorgeous-and I got a card from Her! here is its-

Stunning Details on Louise Sharps Card,




Well, I couldn't NOT send a card back..., Its too great an opportunity to, well, thank her, PLUS congratulate her on her recent appointment as an artisan! She will see this, unfortunately, before she receives it, but, I hope she likes it anyway!

I also used the Global design projects specs- 
 click here to check out all the amazing designs!


It goes well with our "remarkable you" stamp set week, because, she IS remarkable!





 Crafting supplies used.
Remarkable you and brushstrokes stamp sets

I die cut a stitched frame out of the gold foil layer,  for use at a later time.
You don't see it, and its using our materials frugally.


Notice the partial gold embossing over the real red ink  

I used creative licence of adding a little bit of gold to the Global design projects specified real red, early espresso, and crumb cake specs. It just POPS!

After stamping with the brushstrokes background stamp in real red ink, I dusted over the gold embossing powder, over the bottom and side portions of the inked up real red card stock, creating that partial embossed look. 

Stamp sets used- Remarkable You, and Brush strokes.
Colours Real red, early espresso, and crumb cake ( the lower was clear embossed on crumb cake, and then aqua painted over)
extras- winkastella, gold embossing powder, gold foil.

8 comments:

  1. Love these colours Petra, they make for such striking cards abd yours is no exception! I adore that bow btw gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for visiting my blog, and your kind words! The bow is surprising, because they usually never sit like you want them to- but this one did! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Petra! Just getting around to seeing your card, and it's gorgeous! Loving the gold accents, and the partial embossed background is a great idea... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thankyou for visiting-The gold was a sneaky addition! Lol thankyou so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful card. the sneaky pops of gold really set it apart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Sssssssssh! Don't tell anyone! ;-) thank you so much for visiting on my blog and commenting! (I love the gold too! ) have a lovely day!

      Delete
    2. Sure wish I could figure out how you made that flower so stunning ;)

      Delete
    3. Hi Margret- you're so sweet! I just gold embossed the flower stamp on crumb cake card stock, then used an aqua painter and added the real red to colour it in, then cut it out. It's a lovely effect, isn't it? Thanks again for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!