Wednesday, 30 November 2016

global design project- touches of texture

Hello wonderful peoples!! 
Im SO excited to tell you all that my design from last week WON in the Design projects weekly challenge!!! SO amazing- I'm truly blown away. Ive entered heaps of challenge blogs, and NEVER WON- so this is huge for me!
(see the card HERE)

Well- enough of that- THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE-
this weeks design challenge is to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) the FABULOUS Connie Collins
click here to go to see all the talented entries

I really enjoyed making this weeks card. 
"Touches of texture" in marina mist and crushed curry.


I used a few elements from Connie's card. I LOVED the colour scheme. I'm drawn to yellows, but this combo of marina mist and crushed curry I haven't used I don't think..... I think its especially cheery!

Spring in Tasmania is just bursting with stunning flowers- wouldn't this make a lovely gift?

The Stamp sets I've used today are: "touches of texture" and "me=Grateful"
touches of texture

Touches of texture is a great set because it has lots of lovely outline stamps, that you can colour in yourself, OR, to make it even easier, it has eclectic block colour stamps you can use with the outlines (as I have) OR you can use them by themselves, as background elements. 
Me=grateful

The Designer series paper at the top of the card added a grounding to the card that wouldn't have otherwise been there. It's a great and simple design idea. Highlighting it with a little linen thread adds a sweet country element. (I also added a little strip of ribbon too)

the design was so easy, I thought I'd have a go in a few other colours!


Touches of texture stamp set, in Melon mambo and wisteria wonder

Touches of texture in daffodil delight, watermelon wonder, (and basic grey DSP) 

Touches of texture in crushed curry and marina mist

I really hope you enjoyed todays design, Ive created a tutorial and I'd love you to come back and view it-HERE Tomorrow!

 I truly hope you have a go your self. Make sure you go and check out the amazing entries into the Global design project this week!



5 comments:

  1. Wow, all of your cards are stunning! You must have had so much fun putting them all together. Congratulations on your win last week too! Thanks for playing with us at Global Design Project this week as we CASE Connie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much Paula for coming to visit my blog- I really appreciate your comments!

      Delete
  2. Love your cards Petra each one is gorgeous in it's own right and follows the theme. I really adore this stamp set too it is so very versatile xx Thank you for sharing your talents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim- thank you so much for your comments! I really appreciate your kind words- it's such a versatile set! I'm embarrassed to admit, ive only just inked it up!! Lol

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Petra! I love what you have done with Connie's Inspiration! Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!