Thursday, 2 June 2016

New Annual Catalog-playful palette meets bear hugs

Playful Palette Designer series paper, and Bear hugs.

Bear hugs, playful palette DSP and swirly scribbles die cut wavy background


It's so exciting to see the release of the new Annual catalog-and Im really excited to see the carry over of some MUCH beloved sets too! So i thought id mix it up and do a mix of some of the old with some of the new!

I loved the bear hugs stamp set that came out during Sale-a-bration this past season. I've mentioned before how I love the dress-up aspect of it-similar to the  snow place stamp set. heres a card I made when the set first came out-


Bear hugs stamp set.
click on the pic to take you to my original post!

 the type of paper dolls i remember
as a kid
Do you remember those paper dolls you got when you were a kid? I looked up paper dolls in google, and found this image-its very similar to what I remember.  (Am I just showing my age? Lol) I used to spend ages popping all the little die cut pieces out of their surrounding card stock, and attaching clothes, teeny tiny shoes (which would invariably get sucked up by the vacuum cleaner, never to be seen again!)They sometimes came with a book with a story, to get your imagination fired.... Well, I love these sets because of those fun times, I think. My imagination thinks of all the ways I can use the pieces....

the Bear image from the "bear hugs" stamp set
(-with slippers!!)
Playful Palette Dsp makes a nice feminine colour combo!


Brian King mentioned he is uncomfortable with how the Bears stand on their tippy toes in this set (or claws?) I thought about this, and saw his point-so I used the hat image, and fussy cut just the head piece of the hat stamped image to create shoes... I think they look like the front of slippers! Lol.

bear hugs sentiment- "wishing you a day full of sunshine, and a lake full of fish"

I loved this sentiment in this set- but because I plan to give this to my mum, -and she's not into fishing- I changed it up a little- the entire sentiment is: "wishing you a day full of sunshine, and a lake full of fish"
It's a small sentiment, but if I had wanted to I could have taped (I usually use washi tape for this method) off the second part of the sentiment after stamping, to mask it off, and stamped it directly on to the card stock, but I wanted it on contrasting cardstock, so I just stamped the image, and cut around the part I didn't want. Easy!

(Oh! and I sneaked in another use of the swirly scribbles dies-the negative pieces make cool wavy backgrounds! there hasn't been a card I've made in over a month that hasn't featured either the stamp set of the dies from this bundle. well worth a look!!)

Ive entered this post in Kylie's crazy crafter team highlights-head on over to Kylie's post to see some other amazingly talented artists, and get more ideas from the new catalog!

Click here to see other amazing projects by Kylie's, and vote for your favourite!
I hope you have enjoyed today's post- I have had such a busy week, and it's been nice to squeeze in a bit of creativity.  
Thankyou for stopping by- I hope you get a chance to have a look in the new catalog- it's brilliant!! 





13 comments:

  1. This is such a cute bear Petra...I finally bought the stamp set after seeing your cute card. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim!! I LOVE this set!! It's so cute, and can be used for so many occasions! Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous! And I think the shoes are a stroke of genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and great composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and your kind comments Lisa!

      Delete
  4. This card is so sweet! Love the little shoes, they're super cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the wavy background. It's really clever to use the other side of die cut. I have been throwing away that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so excited by the swirly bird bundle-theres so much you can do with it! I try and use us every piece-in my previous blog post, I made a bird plume out of the negative pieces of the swirly die...... thank you for your visit to my blog, and your lovely comments!

      Delete
  6. I love how you have animated the bear Petra, such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! you're an amazing artist and I value your comments so much!

      Delete
  7. Love your Bear card Petra - just so adorable with her accessories. Great colours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!