Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Stamp ink paper challenge 15

You may have noticed that recently I've been VERY absent, here on my blog. That's because I'm upgrading g my secular skills-  in case you didn't know, I have a very busy remedial massage clinic in Evandale, Tasmania.
 I am in the process of upgrading some of my skills, so that I can register to get provider numbers, so that my clients can receive rebates from their insurance companies. But all of that takes time, and my creative tendencies have taken a bit of a hit, time wise. 
But this morning Carl and I received the new SIP challenge email from the blog of the same name. Here it is-
 click here to go see other great designs using these colours
Carl got pretty excited about the colour combos- (he's right, they look great together don't they?) and I thought I'd squeeze in some time to take a shot at the challenge. Here's my entry. What do you think? 


I really, really like this card. I think the only thing that would have improved it was to have embossed the "just for you" sentiment out of daffodil delight instead of pool party, but I don't have it, so I made do!

I stamped the glorious flowers and leaves  from the "remarkable you" stamp set, and used the new archival ink in the Holliday catalog (by the way.... LOVE IT!!!!!!) and then with an aqua painter added my colours. Once the ink was dry, I added lowlights with the corresponding Stampin up markers, and added highlights with a white gel pen.

The sentiment.
I was stumped for a bit. I wanted a bold font, (To go with the bold design) but I didn't want to take away from the gorgeous (retired) black and white background Dsp....
I thought I would use the "just for you" sentiment from the "watercolour words"  stamp set, and Emboss straight on top of the dsp.... I wasn't sure how it would go, so did a test run on a scrap piece...... Which I liked, but as suspected, you did lose a bit of the oomph with a colour like pool,party on such a design. My gel pen was sitting on the desk, after adding the low lights on the Lilly and leaves...... And an idea was born! I went around the edge of the entire sentiment in gel pen, filling in sections I thought detracted from the over all look..... And whaaa-lah! It looked so good, I just added a pool party base Matt and added it to the finished card! A few daffodil delight candy dots, and I was done!

THANK YOU So much for dropping by, I hope you got a bit of inspiration and you too can squeeze in some creative therapy!

10 comments:

  1. I love your card and how the color combo works so well. The fussy cut flowers look as though the ribbon is tied around them...so creative. And your coloring is awesome. Good luck with upgrading your skills. Just know your creativity has been missed and now we know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear HJ- THANKYOU so much for stopping by our blog, and for your very kind comment! I have really missed my creative therapy, it relaxes me so much, I think,I'm going to try very hard to incorporate it into my schedule!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Petra, I really love the card you created here. I have that sheet of dsp and found it very difficult to use, so thanks very much for the inspiration. The flower and leaves look so pretty here under that ribbon and love the way they've been coloured. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed the challenge, the colour combo was great, even though it's not normally one I would use!

      Delete
  3. Hi Petra, this is seriously gorgeous! I just love the boldness of this print with those lovely flowers...your watercoloring and highlighting of the flowers was amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at SIP for our color challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tina! I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  4. Hi Petra I really love your card and how you have used the bold print for the challenge. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I lived in the 1950's your card is how imagine life would be. Subtle, yet a powerhouse of happiness. =) Thanks for playing down at the SIP challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful comment!!!!!!!! Thankyou so much- I truly appreciate it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!