Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Global design project challenge #004, and Mojo Monday #417

I was inspired to have a go at 2 challenges today- Global design challenge and mojo Monday. The Global design project challenge, because it's featuring one of my favourite designers, Louise Sharp, we were challenged to "Case" (copy, acknowledge ,(and) share, everything) a card she had designed.

 When I see Louise's work, it's usually has a sort of softness, dreamyness about it.... It's hard to describe.... Always stunningly beautiful anyway. And I really wanted to have a go.... But because we LITERALLY could go in any direction, I sort of needed a little bit of structure.... An idea where to start, and in my inbox this morning was the Mojo Monday sketch- so I combined the two.... I must admit though that the final product doesn't look TOO much like the original sketch!!! Here are our inspirations-
Global design Project #004
click here to see all the other amazing projects!
Mojo monday #417
click here to see all the other projects!
And here's my final card- 
I took inspiration from Louise's colour scheme, very vanilla, crumb cake, and gold.
I also incorporated the metalic wire element and heart. Super cute for an anniversary card! Thank you Louise for the inspiration!! 
GDP/MM inspired card
the flower is highlighted with crystal effects- it shines!
Time less love anniversary card
The sketch, as you can see is a little different. The wider border is at the top (I turned the sketch on its side) and the block of 3 embellishments, I incorporated into the sentiment area. 
As it was tall and skinny challenge, I created a long and thin card, that is side opening. The measurements are-3.5 x12 inches, the card fold is at 6 inches.


I really like the "timeless love" stamp set out of our Annual catalog. Anniversaries are very important in our family, so its always good to have a great "happy anniversary" font. weirdly, I only have this one "happy anniversary" sentiment!!

I hope you like my project, I really enjoyed making it! 




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Petra!! You have done amazing with both of these challenges. Thank you so much for supporting us at GDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kylie, for your kind words. X

      Delete
  2. Petra, your card has some of those same qualities you described Lou's as having! Soft and dreamy, perfect for an Anniversary or wedding card! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. louises style is just soooooooo pretty- I hope to have brought some of her style to my crafting. Tha you so much for popping by! X

      Delete
  3. Petra - you've definitely captured the warmth of Louise's inspiration card. I love the way you've captured the MOJO challenge, too. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project "case the designer" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it has done that.....I really struggle with the clean and simple style that Louise (and you, I might add!) is a genius at.... Thankyou so much for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Petra, what a great job of capturing the essence of both challenges! The result is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week over at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments!

      Delete
  5. WOW so pretty and so elegant, you did a great job Petra x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!