Thursday, 2 July 2015

Create with Carl - Mojo Monday


Mojo Monday- a Bohemian Rhapsody


From the first moment I saw the bohemian DSP paper I knew I just had to use it. Sadly my inspiration has been lacking in how to use this beautiful paper. I love bright and bold colours, (not to wear just to look at), and I was unsure of how to make this paper into the star of any creation that I might dare to make. Then along comes Mojo Monday 404 tall and skinny. 

So I gave up worrying about how to use this awesome DSP and decided just to get on with it. It will look great no matter what I do with it (that was how I deluded myself).




Now if you are going tall and skinny it might as well be really tall and skinny, so I used the size 3.5 x 12, and it is really skinny. 

The colours in the DSP include the wonderful "Delightful Dijon" (mustard anyone). It is bold without being fluro, and I do have a dress shirt in this colour, so it is kind of my colour, so I had to have "Delightful Dijon" in my card. I also like "Blackberry Bliss" even though it is the most awful colour to get off fingers, off faces and even to remove from your Stamp cleaning folders, but it is so rich and velvet that it had to be in there as well.

Colours chosen I begin, "Whisper White" base, cut tall and skinny, lay on a piece of the DSP and, Hmmmm not really working already what have I done wrong? 

I asked the amazing Petra for her thoughts and she noticed the whisper white base, "Well thats no good the DSP has got a "Very Vanilla" line through it and it is clashing with the white card. Try a "Very Vanilla" card base". Bingo now that worked. From here this card came together in a great rush, for a change everything I tried just seemed to work. My matt for the "Delightful Dijon" in "Very Vanilla"turned out a bit too big, it left a very wide border, but then the circle sentiment stamp was way smaller than the 2 inch punch and left a wider border as well. I cut a 2 1/2 inch circle of "Blackberry Bliss" to matt the sentiment, and it all just seemed to work out right.

The final touch adding a bit of pizzaz to the pizzaz. I embossed the top piece with the bohemian EB and used the bohemian borders stamp set to pick out the little highlights in the embossing with "Delightful Dijon" ink. A little tip I picked up from Bonnie Thurber at the "Inspire Create Share" convention on the gold coast, thanks Bonnie.

I hope you like my effort, I still think the DSP is the star of this card and I hope you can get a thrill out of using it as well.

Bohemian Rhapsody


Thanks for reading.

Tip for new Crafters: 

Designer Series Paper............ If you don't have any, get some now! DSP is your best friend in making cards. There is no way I could have drawn or stamped the wonderful pattern and colours in the background of this card. The DSP also gave me my colours and inspiration.

 If you want to get the pizzaz, break out the DSP and carefully look at the colours and patterns, you may be surprised by the small subtleties that you will find that will inspire you, even a tiny bit of a beautiful pattern can bring out the wow factor to your creation. Give it a go on your next project.


Till next time - Happy crafting - "may all your cuts be Paper"






















2 comments:

  1. Such a fun, beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!