Friday, 19 June 2015

Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge- Create with Carl!


Dinosaurs Rock

Its thestampinupbloke again: Its Friday night aren't we all supposed to be having a drink and sleeping in front of the TV???????? I was until!!!!!!
Petra said "wake up" (I was asleep on the couch) there is a new challenge, we have to be in the first one ever. Come on we are making cards now. 




Have you ever had to make a card because you have to? Thank goodness for card sketches Petra handed me her iPad and said here are the sketches find one its easy. I found one from an old Mojo Monday challenge and started to make it my own. Three colours and a stamp set Petra's challenge to me. I haven't used the dinosaur stamp set yet so that was my first choice. The new in colours "Watermelon Wonder" and Cucumber Crush" plus "Island Indigo " and I was set. 

I like the Dino stamp set because you have the block image and the bones image. I wanted to use both of them and emboss the bones, to get a real bone look I embossed in white.  A couple of green ferny fronds and some dots to walk on and the  Dino stamping was done. 

The hardest part was the sentiment, not picking it , but stamping it. Every time I stamped it on it seemed to have bubbles in the ink and it looked terrible. I tried to remove some of the ink by stamping it out on the blotter sheet I was using and it got better. After a few go's it worked out but it was really weird for a bit. 



So I am off back to the couch. All the best for the weekend.

Till next time - Happy crafting - "may all your cuts be Paper"

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Just love those rawring dinosaurs! :) Thanks for playing along at Stamp, Ink, Paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina I am looking forward to the next one I will be a bit more prepared.
      Thanks for taking the time to look

      Delete
  2. Great job Carl jumping in at the eleventh hour so to speak. I love the dinosaur and those colours look great together. Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn for your comments. I really appreciate your thoughts. I do like the challenges and will definitely be back next week. See you then

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!