Thursday, 11 June 2015

Mojo Monday 401

This week has been a good week. 
1-I got my BBB on Tuesday (see my last post HERE if you were wondering why this is so good...) YAY!! !
2-I was contacted by an interstate down-line to tell me she was coming to Tas early next year-Im going to organise a team gathering to celebrate! YAY!
3-Today I received a gift from a fellow crazy crafter team member, and friend, Kate Benade. Totally made my day!
4- Ive lost weight! (not Stampin related, but its made my week anyway!!)
5- this weeks Mojo Monday sketch is AWESOME! Here it is-
This Weeks Mojo Monday sketch
You may not See how I've used it at first glance- Ive sort of flipped it on its side- like this -
Mojo Monday sketch...seen another way!
Can you see it now? I loved it so much, Ive made 2 variations of the same card using the same stamp sets. can you spot the difference?
Version 1.
This was my first version-Very vanilla card base, Timeless elegance Designer series Paper, accents in Cherry cobbler, sahara sand and basic black
The ribbon is seam binding. (my fave ribbon :-) I stamped the "thanks" sentiment from the endless thanks stamp set, over and over in Tip top Taupe on the Sahara Sand card stock. (I got the Dsp and the matching card stock pack-very vanilla, Sahara sand and Basic black-Brilliant value!!) I stamped and then cut my watercolour wings butterfly with the butterfly basics die-giving it the lacy appearance. I then cut a butterfly out with the bold butterfly frame lit  to put underneath.

Version 2
I was looking at the finished version, and although I liked it, I realised you couldn't see quite as clearly the gorgeous watercolour wings stamping, because of the die cutting. So, I thought I'd do another version, leaving the butterfly whole. I think either way works well! It was pretty much the same, except I used different ribbon, and I stamped the "so much" sentiment from the endless thanks stamp set, and then die cut it with the Paper Clips framelits. (ohhhh Im going to use these a lot I think! LOVE!!)
Stunning Watercolour Wings stamp set
I hope you like My take on the Mojo Monday challenge this week! Id love to hear which version you prefer!!
Project life paperclip dies-SO FUN!
Here are the colours-a good combo for elegant cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you can squeeze in come creative playtime too!!




12 comments:

  1. Fantastic Petra! Great minds think a like I was going to turn the design on its side aswell then didn't!! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful....it gave me a chance to see some new products (that I wasn't quite sure of!) in action....love this color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!! Ooooh there's some lovely new goodies in our new catalog! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post- thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I think I like the second one best, forgot to say that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Petra! Super excited to hear all your good news. Wow! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so beautiful! The butterfly is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww! Thankyou Julee for the lovely sketch, and kind comments!

      Delete
  6. Both great cards, tho I like the first one best. I think it's because your lace is up the other way seems more upbeat somehow, and the butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much creationsnz! I wasn't confident about that one, so I appreciate the compliment! And I didn't even notice that the lace dsp was up the other way! Good pick up! Thankyou so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!