Saturday, 20 June 2015

Crazy Crafters June Blog Hop! Theme-Favourite product/s from the newcatalogue!



Welcome to the Crazy Crafters blog hop for June. This month we are excited to show off our favourite Stampin’ Up! products from the just released 2015 – 2016 Annual Catalog/Catalogue. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects. Get your wish list ready!

You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog-or may have come from the person previous to me in the list below. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects. At the moment you are visiting Carl and Petra's Blog, "Tailored Craftiness"

-Petra's Favourite new products.

Oh my-What a hard theme!

There are so, SO many lovely wonderful items in the new catalog. My very TOP, TOP pick for favourite item HAS to be the new Watercolour wings set.... But I initially wasn't going to feature it in todays Blog hop because I love it so much, that Im convinced that its EVERYONES favourite item in the new Catalog!!!!!! So, either Im wrong, OR today you will see a lot of butterflys!!!-We shall see tonight at 6pm, I guess!

My top 5 picks for the new catalog are-

1-Watercolour Wings BUNDLE (includes the Bold Butterfly Framelit dies) 
2-Paperclip framelit dies
3-Metalic thread
4-New in colours
5-Colour family Paper stacks
In love with the Paperclip thinlit dies! 
NEW! there's silver in the neutrals paper stack!
-sentiment also comes from the Project Life "this is the life"stamp set
Feel Free to pin these colour suggestions!

Thanks so much for checking out my top picks, and I hope you aren't sick of butterflys yet in the blog hop! (I can't wait to see if Im right!)

Heres Carls Top picks-

-Carl's Favourite new products.

Hi everyone, Thestampinupbloke here, with my choice of favourite products from this catalogue, so far.

As you all know I have only just started on this crazy ride into card making, paper craft heaven, or is it hell I'm not too sure. I have still got a long way to go until I have tried everything, let alone pick my favourite product. Anyway I have decided to pick the Sprinkles of life stamp set and the Tree builder punch,  mainly the tree builder punch or part of it at least.
The part that I like the most, is the top of the tree, it is the most versatile piece of paper or stamped image, you will ever find. So far I personally have used it as an Island and a cloud . I have seen others use it as a sheep, a cupcake top, a muffin top, layers of ice-cream in a cone and a tree of course. With the tree you can make one lot of leaves or layer the leaves up to give it a bit more size. I wonder if the designer of the shape had an inkling of what it would become. I love the sheep best, great imagination for punch art.

I wanted to make a more traditional card this time something I could actually use as a pick me up for someone who is feeling down. The sprinkles of life sentiment "every cloud has a silver lining - you just have to look up " gave me my inspiration. The tree punch gave me my clouds but the silver lining would come from silver card stock punched the same just offset to reveal the silver lining. I lifted the top cloud up a bit as well with some dimensional dots.

Of course the silver lining is only there because the sun is trying to shine through so a nice sun in the corner  courtesy of the "Starburst" Frame-lits that were out on the table already thanks to Mojo Monday 402.

Now if you were looking down, a bit depressed, staring at your feet, you might only see a dead tree in the field, but if you look up there is a colourful bird and further up the silver lining, that was the idea in my head. The tree trunk is stamped from the sprinkles set in black on white, and then punched with the tree builder again, the same with the bird but stamped on yellow card-stock.

Originally I didn't have the yellow piece at the bottom, but it was missing something so I asked my extremely patient tutor for her opinion. I was able to freehand cut the yellow card with a trimming knife to get the desired shape. It is amazing what a good sharp knife will do.
Just one of the examples of how you can use the stamp set/tree builder punch combo.

The sentiment was stamped on the same card-stock as the clouds, it has some kind of texture to the card, very interesting, I almost chucked it out because I thought it was damaged but I think it is meant to be like  that. Due to the silver lining thought in the sentiment, it had to be embossed in silver. I like embossing but you have to watch the powder it has a habit of going everywhere. Last week I tipped over the gold powder, shhh don't tell Petra, I got it all back in the pot, well most of it anyway.

My wonderful tutor also suggested the double frame with "night of navy" as the other colour. Looks pretty good I think, hence the "wonderful," in front of tutor.
"Every cloud has a silver lining-you just have to look up to see it."

So I hope you like some of my favourite thing's and can have some fun with them as well. What will that little fluffy shape turn into next, I can't wait to find out.

Till next time-Happy crafting - "may all your cuts be Paper" 

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop

Thank You SO Much for taking part in our blog hop! There are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don't want to miss. Remember that currently you are at my blog - Tailored Craftiness, so check the blog hop line up list to see who is next in the list as you don't want to miss out on seeing one blog and the amazing inspiration.

46 comments:

  1. I really love what Carl has done. Its very effective. Looking forward to meeting you guys when i come down to Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, both of you! That quote from Sprinkles of Life just begs to be heat embossed huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, yep silver lining silver embossing has to be

      Delete
  3. You've both, true to form, created different and beautiful cards - what a talented duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie- we had so much fun!!

      Delete
  4. Both cards are amazing guys. Petra I LOVE what you have done, cutting up the image, the color choice, spot on. Carl, your card reminds me of where I live! LOL, totally not pretty, but there are good reasons to be here, and looking up reminds us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comment Em! It's areal challenge to do a card with such an amazing bunch of ladies.... I love it!

      Delete
    2. Hi Em thanks for your thoughts, I'm sure you live in a lovely part of this big brown land, and dead trees do have a sort of artistic beauty.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Cards Petra, you are so creative. Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thankyou so much Angela! YOU are so creative!!

      Delete
  6. I wasn't sure I would want the water colour butterfly but now I totally do! You have sealed the deal for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww! Thankyou SO much for your comment. It's an amazing amazing set. I love creating with it, and, I'm sure you will too!!

      Delete
  7. Wow!! I love both of your cards!! Petra your cards are so stunning and I've loved watching yr talent grow over the last couple of years! I love yr card too Carl and the message you've put to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sweetest comment Nicole!!! Thankyou so much! I love pushing the envelope a little. :-)

      Delete
  8. Petra, your creative ideas always amaze me. I LOVE your butterfly cards!!! Carl's card is pretty darn cute, and I did enjoy reading about his creative process (with due mention to his wonderful tutor). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, THANKYOU So much for your comment! Carl,will love it too. He's actually loving writing the blog (even though he is enjoying ,aking cards,I think he only makes the cards so he gets to write!!!!! Lol)

      Delete
    2. You are too kind Christine I do really like the little tree tops they are so easy to use.

      Delete
  9. Awesome idea Petra. The butterfly cut like that looks really amazing. Carl you make me laugh!! You spilled gold embossing powder???? And admitted it?? You have done great with your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie, as they say honesty is the best policy and it makes for an interesting read

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Kylie, and thank you on a great hop!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful cards Petra!! Love how you did the cards in two different color families and got a totally different look!! Now I HAVE to get the "Paperclip Framelit Dies"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia! I'm sure you will love them as much as I do!!

      Delete
  11. Awesome cards Petra! Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you've done with the butterfly in the strips Petra and you've persuaded me I need those Project Life clips framelits too! Love the card Carl - those offset clouds look terrific and the silver for that sentiment is the perfect choice.
    Great crafting duo you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue it is as always lots of fun to have a go and make something cool. Thanks for your encouragement

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Sue! We really appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  13. Stunning Projects to showcase new techniques and card designs. Your blog is a great read and a source of inspiration. Must add those Project Life clips framelits to my wish list now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks Sue! You have to add the clips, and I have to add the dahlia background stamp!! Can't wait to see what YOU do with the paper clips. :-)

      Delete
  14. That panel technique is just fab Petra! Gimmie a shot at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Fiona! I can't wait to see your version! If you do one, I'll provide a link here for people to go and see it! :-)

      Delete
  15. Carl your designs never cease to amaze me. You've even inspired a guy friend of mine to come along to one of my workshops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's what I want to hear another bloke having a go. That's fantastic I have a dream for a blog hop of all the blokes it will be cool. Thanks for the nice words.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing both of you. Both of these stamp sets were in my first order. Love the colous Carl, I would never of thought of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!