Thursday, 5 March 2015

Stampin up berry basket.... Berries!

The minute I got my berry basket die from the new occasions catalog, I knew I had to find a way to make berries to go in it, using current products. The basket is just screaming for them. I played around with the floral framelits, but couldn't get them right- I til I found Bev Adams blog. (Find it HERE) she's solved a couple of sticky problems I was having. I felt (you may prefer bevs way) there needed a little more "green" so instead of the petite petals I used the pansy punch.

Here are my ingredients-

And here are the steps-
1- cut out the largest floral framelit (I used cherry cobbler) and a pansy flower(I used old olive) 
2-stamp with the fine "splatter" droplets out of the gorgeous grunge set.
3- fold across all the petals of the floral FRAMELITS die cut. (4 folds)
4. Cut away 2 'petals'
5. Punch out the holes. This will enable you to close your strawberry 
6- fold over the first petal. Cut a notch from the Middle of the fold to the edge of the die cut. continue with all the petals.
When opened it will look like this-
7-glue the last petals together 
It should look like this-



8- curl the petals with a bone folder- nows a good time to add a treat!

9- cut a piece of ribbon. (Long enough to thread through and tie a bow) this is where Bevs and my strawberries differ. I found that the "leaves" tilted to the side the other way. 
10- starting from the center thread the ribbon through each hole. Each time you thread a petal, make sure the ribbon goes from the inside to the outside.
11- punch 2 holes in the punched flower.
12-Thread the ribbon through the 2 holes.
13- optional - this keeps the leaves right on top- punch another hole, directly opposite to where you started to thread the ribbon. 
thread the ribbon through, and THEN through the final leaf hole.

there you have it! a berry basket WITH berries! using only current products!!! 
I hope you can squeeze in some creative therapy today!!





















2 comments:

  1. Those strawberries are cute as! Thanks for sharing the instructions too. Very easy to follow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!