Saturday, 28 March 2015

Just add ink challenge

check out the just add ink blog- click the picture above!                       
It's the weekend, so it must be time to do the just add ink challenge!
This weeks sketch featured a doily. I don't Love doilies. Not really a fan. At first, as you can see, I added lace to replace the doily... But Then I felt it wasn't staying true to the sketch....
I dug out a doily die I had (that I keep for such occasions, I know I'm never going to have a packet on hand when I need one .lol) and created a vellum "doily". 

I layered this with the lace, and a tag I created with the scalop tag topper punch. 

The stamp sets I used were stamin ups "postage due" and "world map". And the inks were baked brown sugar, soft suede, and choclate chip. 

To finish off I white embossed "miss you" -a sentiment from  the "sweet stuff" stamp set on a strip of vellum. I folder the banner of vellum over so it sort of jumps out at you..... I think it really highlights the sentiment. 
Then finished it with some very vanilla seam binder ribbon and pearls. 
Very vintagy! 

Enjoy your day, and create, create, create! 
Petra

15 comments:

  1. Wow, this is incredible!! So much detail and love the aged look of the pieces you used. It all goes together perfectly and is a brilliant use of the sketch. So glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for your kind words! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous example of collage stamping Petra, love the look and that sweet vellum sentiment banner is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous Petra! Fabulously detailed and Intoo love the embossed vellum banner! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with doilies too Petra! Your vellum one is gorgeous and tied in beautifully with the lace and the sentiment along the bottom. Your vintage/aged look is simply divine. Thanks for playing along to Just Add Ink this week. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm so glad others have this difficulty too! Thankyou for your encouragement!!

      Delete
  6. I love the subtlety of the vellum doily, and the beautiful sentiment embossed on vellum, Petra. They are the perfect complement to the stronger browns, that look so beautiful; your stamping, and composition, is stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Christine! i really enjoyed this weeks sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For someone who doesn't like doilies you did an awesome job Petra - as I love your vellum one! The layers of ink and images and the wonderful neutral palette you created is a real delight to the eyes. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - most of all I love how you have inked and distressed the edges of the card - I think it really gives the card the vintage feel. Great use of vellum too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!