Sunday, 8 March 2015

Crazy crafters blog hop


Welcome to the crazy crafters blog hop! If you have started here, make sure you go and visit the other crazy crafters, and check out the very talented ladies on our team! They all have amazing ideas for what to do with the BRAND NEW specialty Saleabration items on offer from the 1st- 31st of march.


I've used the amazing printed vellum from the sheer perfection specialty designer series paper. It's just gorgeous to work with. 
Did you have a careful look? Can you see I've used a technique called  Dry embossing on the vellum? 


See the raised "bumps" in the vellum?



When I was a brand new card maker, my gorgeous husband made me a light box so I could play with this technique- its been a LOOOOng time since I've done this- but the minute I saw the printed vellum, I thought it would be great to emboss on- NO light box needed!



when you push (lightly- a firm hand is not needed) into the vellum, it turns opaque. and when you turn the vellum over, its slightly raised. ( see pic below)


Once I embossed my vellum, I adhered it to the inside of my card, (I had die cut a section of the card out from the apothecary accents framelits set.) and need to cover the exposed vellum, so thought I would add a liner.

ADDING LINERS TO CARDS


1-attach sticky strip to the side of the card you want the liner to cover. 
2-remove sticky strip red tape.


3-fold liner in half (as it would be when closed) and place as close to the fold line of the card as possible.
4-shut card. 
5-open card! liner is perfectly attached!!



To finish the card I then added some layers to the front of the card.

A massive thanks to SALLY (one of my massage clients) for the handmade paper from INDIA that she brought back as a gift to me!!! its stunning! xxxx)

To add to the rustic feel, I purposely frayed the ribbon ends. Just adds the extra touch!
I also added a heat embossed piece of vellum for the sentiment- and did a little "doodling" on the vellum with the dry embossing tool-

I want to thank you for coming to visit our bog hop!
Enjoy the next Crazy crafters use of the new saleabration products- Tamie Holt is next up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!