Friday, 27 February 2015

You amaze me...

I have mentioned a few times that I have made up a Tailored Craftiness VIP group on face book. I run fortnightly challenges, (with prizes,) for the ladies on there. Its made up of ladies who are current product club members, or past customers of my store. Its a great bunch of ladies that inspire me, and hopefully each other. I LOVE going on the group daily to "catch up",however briefly, with the likeminded ladies that are my VIP's. They are all amazing women.

These ladies, like all women,  have  varying circumstances, a lot very difficult. I admire the resilience of all such women who are coping with either physical pain, emotional pain, financially difficulties and family difficulties. -Women like these make up our families, our communities, and our world. The strength of them amazes me. I hope I can continue to learn from them and be like the ones that personally touch my life. 

In honor of these women I made todays set of cards. 
I used the sketch from the "just add ink" blog challenge (#252)
Would you like to join in the fun? check out the sketch, and get inspiration from the amazing Just Add Ink design team HERE



Materials used_
Stampin' Up! stamp sets- "lotus blossom" (free saleabration set) "butterfly basics" and "crazy about you" 
Stampin' Up! inks- Smokey slate, Night of Navy, Pool Party, and vesamark inks.
Stampin up cardstock- Smokey slate, brushed silver, night of navy, and whisper white.
accessories- Silver satin Ribbon and night of navy seam binding ribbon. silver mini brads.

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous woman you are having a special place for these women to go to connect over a craft they all love. I think you've done such a wonderful thing for them and no wonder you enjoy going there to visit with them all. I'm sure they will love your cards as much as I do. I love the way you were inspired by the sketch, especially layering the sketch shape. And the colour combo is stunning. You should be very proud of yourself and I'm so glad you shared these with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shona! What a lovely, lovely comment! It TOTALLY made my day! I hope you have a fantastic week! X

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Petra! I love your elegant take on the sketch with your layered images and the way you've framed them. And it is so lovely how crafting can bring people together and wonderful to read just how you are doing that. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a pleasure! I loved having a go! I'm glad that you like my version of the sketch. Thankyou for taking time out of your day to comment!

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing card Petra and it's so different from anything else I have seen using the Lotus Blossom stamp set! The colours are fantastic and I love the layering of the lotus blossom image with the punch and the ribbon. How very clever to use the image from the Butterfly Basics set to frame your card. Thanks for sharing and thanks joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a lovely comment- Ive seen some amazing samples of the lotus blossom stamp, so I thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  4. These cards are beautifully dramatic (or should that be dramatically beautiful?!), Petra. It is so important to have genuine, loving connections with people, and it is lovely to read of the community you've built with fellow crafters - they will LOVE these cards. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine! you have got me hooked on JAI challenges!

      Delete
  5. A beautiful set of cards Petra. I've always said that this 'crazy hobby' is so much more than stamps, ink and paper! It's about making connections, inspiring others and sharing our love through a common interest.
    Thanks for playing along to Just Add Ink this week. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Louise! thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful idea Petra! I treasure the friendships I've made through crafting but its always important to tell people that too! I love the drama you brought in with the strong border. What a great frame for your lotus. Thanks for joining us at just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure KimB! -its true- Relationships/friendships are living entities, we need to continue to feed them with loving acts and kind words. thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  7. Love this monochromatic card - how thoughtful of you!!!!
    Fantastic use of the sketch this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour combo. I really like how you have cut the layers of CS too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps! I love silver and night of navy!! thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!