Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Partial die cutting

One of the lovely ladies (Rebecca W) posted a pic of one of her wonderful cards in our VIP face book group. She used a technique called partial die cutting. A couple of the ladies had never done this technique before, so I took a couple of pictures and did a mini photo tutorial of how to do it- and I thought you might like to see how it was done too!
Here is my image, it's a hot air balloon from the "celebrate today" stamp set.
Obviously I can't die cut this image like this, because I would cut off the hot air balloons basket - but I'm not a confident fussy cutter either- so here is what I did-
*I lined up my die with the balloon part of my image. 
*I only placed the acrylic plate over the bits I actually wanted to cut, because the dies will only cut if the pressure of acrylic plate is over the them.
*I ran the "sandwich" through the big shot.
At the other end I got a  lovely smooth cut over the circular part of the balloon, leaving me only to cut the straight (easier) cuts around the basket! 
All done!
Here is my finished project- 


Interested in joining our VIP group? ANYONE who makes a purchase from my store (see button above) is welcome to be a part of our group! every fortnight I run creative challenges with Stampin Up products as prizes- and we gain fantastic inspiration from one another! We would LOVE to welcome you into our group!

I hope you are able to squeeze in some creative therapy today :-) 




2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!