Friday, 29 March 2013

5 cards in 5 days...

good morning!!
I should have called this blog- glitter on my dressing gown- because that's what ends up happening! lol
Carl goes off  to work,( around 6.30 ish) and because my clients don't start coming for a few hours yet i do a bit of reading and then make a card or two while I have breakfast., ....... glitter just goes everywhere doesnt it? especially embossing powder that has a glittery effect- that's what i was using today.


I have an embossing workshop in a week and a half- on the 8th of April (if you wish to express interest, or rsvp,go to the "order stampin up online" button, which takes you to me stampin up web site, and click on events, april 8th and you can rsvp if you plan on coming!) and i wanted to get together a few cards to display on the night. i think Ive managed a couple of acceptable ones.... what do you think?
this orange blossoms card, features dry embossing Hi lighted in stampin up old olive ink, with SU (stampin up) old olive and pumpkin pie card stock

I love this card! it was inspired by Sharon Burkert on her "as the ink dries" blog. it uses the SU stippled blossoms stamp set- this is an amazing set, i love it! each flower and leaf has 2 stamps, one you do in a lighter color  and the other you stamp directly on the top, as a highlight. you end up getting that water color effect- beautiful! the inks i used were : the lower color- tempting turquoise, then pacific point on to as the highlight. On the leaves i used old olive, and a gold embossing powder as my highlight. (unfortunately you cant see it that well...)
for the sentiment i used "remember when" from the stampin up word play set.
i also used a random embossing folder that i had.... 
I hope you like it!
have a fantastic day!

ps- i did it- 5 cards in 5 days!!! lol see you next week! pet x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - you have made my day!